Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Roll back problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Roll back problem Post 75078 by tmarikle on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 10:22:14 AM
Old 06-15-2005
...or you could use something like a semaphore. Keep a status flag in an OS table for all of your processes to check. When one updates this to say that a failure occurred, start rolling back.

If you are periodically committing records, then use some kind of common batch update identifier in your table. This will help you delete all records common to the batch. If you can't add columns to the table that you are loading, create a new table that keeps key values of records that you are working with.

Thomas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

back up problem

Hi all I am facing some problem taking INCREMENTAL Back up of file systems...........Actually i have mounted the file system of one server in another server..as i don't have tape drive in both servers...............i am using HPUX(L class and C class)servers.. can any one help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automated back up problem

Hi.. I am using HP UX 11.0 i want to make automated back up from SAM back up tool.... so i mentioned the file systems and back up device /dev/rmt/0m and time 0:00 and days of the week........ but it was not successful.....the back up job was not started on specified time..... i am in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem while getting the response back..plz help

Hi ALL: I am not able to get the response back from weblogic in the shell script. The weblogic server in different account. I am able to login to that account and bring the server up but while doing a ping, the script is failing. While the same script is running fine if I run it on the account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: splax
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

p570 - Problem bringing it back up

I have a p570 server with 2 LPARs on it. One of my colleagues did a firmware upgrade on it over the weekend but I have not been able to bring it back online since. I go to activate the partition from the HMC and it gets stuck on the C20082FF operator panel and just freezes from there. Does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KeesH
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puzzling Problem: Going back to the previous directory

Hi, I am trying to figure out if there is a way to make linux take me back to the previous directory I was working in. For instance, I am in /home/username/directory1 Then if I cd into /home/username/directory1/temp1/temp2/temp3 I would like to immediately go back to the previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Patching Roll-back

What is the easiest or preferred way to roll back the solaris cluster patches? My guess is to do a flash archive pre-patch and then install off of that if it doesn't work. Any other ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Roll back latest Solaris Patches

Is there an easy way to roll back or uninstall the latest Solaris patch cluster? I'm hoping I don't have to go into each patch that was applied and uninstall them one-by-one. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Roll back patches for RHEL 5

Hi, I want to roll back the packages that are installed during the patch installation of RHEL 5 server. There are in all 110 packages including the kernel package... kernel-2.6.18-274.el5.x86_64.rpm kernel-headers-2.6.18-274.el5.x86_64.rpm How should I proceed ? I don't want to run rpm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Roll back the code

Hi is there any shell script to roll back the code when the code is deployed in a wrong way in production servers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purushotham
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Back quote problem

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Print out problem with line follow: echo There are '$cat $fname | wc -l' contacts in database how do I replace... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scopiop
2 Replies
funtablerowput(3)						SAORD Documentation						 funtablerowput(3)

NAME
FunTableRowPut - put Funtools rows SYNOPSIS
int FunTableRowPut(Fun fun, void *rows, int nev, int idx, char *plist) DESCRIPTION
The FunTableRowPut() routine writes rows to a FITS binary table, taking its input from an array of user structs that contain column values selected by a previous call to FunColumnSelect(). Selected column values are automatically converted from native data format to FITS data format as necessary. The first argument is the Fun handle associated with this row data. The second rows argument is the array of user structs to output. The third nrow argument specifies the number number of rows to write. The routine will write nrow records, starting from the location speci- fied by rows. The fourth idx argument is the index of the first raw input row to write, in the case where rows from the user buffer are being merged with their raw input row counterparts (see below). Note that this idx value is has nothing to do with the row buffer specified in argument 1. It merely matches the row being written with its corresponding (hidden) raw row. Thus, if you read a number of rows, process them, and then write them out all at once starting from the first user row, the value of idx should be 0: Ev ebuf, ev; /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (ebuf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = ebuf+i; ... } /* write out this batch of rows, starting with the first */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, (char *)ebuf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( ebuf ) free(ebuf); } On the other hand, if you write out the rows one at a time (possibly skipping rows), then, when writing the i'th row from the input array of rows, set idx to the value of i: Ev ebuf, ev; /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (ebuf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = ebuf+i; ... /* write out the current (i.e., i'th) row */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, (char *)ev, 1, i, NULL); } /* free row data */ if( ebuf ) free(ebuf); } The final argument is a param list string that is not currently used. The routine returns the number of rows output. This should be equal to the value passed in the third nrow</B argument. When FunTableRowPut() is first called for a given binary table, Funtools checks to see of the primary header has already been written (either by writing a previous row table or by writing an image.) If not, a dummy primary header is written to the file specifying that an extension should be expected. After this, a binary table header is automatically written containing information about the columns that will populate this table. In addition, if a Funtools reference handle was specified when this table was opened, the parameters from this Funtools reference handle are merged into the new binary table header. In a typical Funtools row loop, you read rows using FunTableRowGet()() and write rows using FunTableRowPut(). The columns written by FunT- ableRowPut()() are those defined as writable by a previous call to FunColumnSelect(). If that call to FunColumnSelect also specified merge=[update|replace|append], then the entire corresponding raw input row record will be merged with the output row according to the merge specification (see FunColumnSelect() above). A call to write rows can either be done once, after all rows in the input batch have been processed, or it can be done (slightly less effi- ciently) one row at a time (or anything in between). We do recommend that you write all rows associated with a given batch of input rows before reading new rows. This is required if you are merging the output rows with the raw input rows (since the raw rows are destroyed with each successive call to get new rows). For example: Ev buf, ev; ... /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf + i; .... process } /* write out this batch of rows */ FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, got, 0, NULL); /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } or Ev buf, ev; ... /* get rows -- let routine allocate the row array */ while( (buf = (Ev)FunTableRowGet(fun, NULL, MAXROW, NULL, &got)) ){ /* process all rows */ for(i=0; i<got; i++){ /* point to the i'th row */ ev = buf + i; ... process /* write out this batch of rows with the new column */ if( dowrite ) FunTableRowPut(fun2, buf, 1, i, NULL); } /* free row data */ if( buf ) free(buf); } Note that the difference between these calls is that the first one outputs got rows all at once and therefore passes idx=0 in argument four, so that merging starts at the first raw input row. In the second case, a check it made on each row to see if it needs to be output. If so, the value of idx is passed as the value of the i variable which points to the current row being processed in the batch of input rows. As shown above, successive calls to FunTableRowPut() will write rows sequentially. When you are finished writing all rows in a table, you should call FunFlush() to write out the FITS binary table padding. However, this is not necessary if you subsequently call FunClose() with- out doing any other I/O to the FITS file. Note that FunTableRowPut() also can be called as FunEventsPut(), for backward compatibility. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 funtablerowput(3)