Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help for Upgrade
Operating Systems Solaris help for Upgrade Post 75027 by dhasanka on Wednesday 15th of June 2005 12:37:41 AM
Old 06-15-2005
thankx

thankx a lot for your reply

i have another problem .if you can help me to get throught this it would be greateful .
i want to ftp files from one solaris machine to another machine
let say evey 15 minutes i want to ftp 30- 50 files from solaris machine to another soalris machine . transffred files should not be tranffred again to other server
& it should be automated . i tried write shell script . but it dons't work .

pls send me good shell script to ftp files ( around 50 -70 files every 15 munites )

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

OS upgrade

Hello, fellows: I have an old H80 with AIX 4.3, I want to upgrade to AIX 5.3, is this possible? I have read in some documentation that is necesary do it version to version, I mean... 4.3->5.1 5.1->5.2 5.2->5.3, anybody have this experience? I will aprecciate yor help. Kind regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

2. AIX

upgrade 5.2 to 5.3

Hello ,, I have OS AIX 5.2 ML 5200-05 Model : 9113-550 we want upgrade 5.2 to 5.3 how I can upgrade 5.2 to 5.3? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Upgrade

Dear all, Requirement: Upgrade RHEL 3 to RHEL 5. Question: How to plan the upgrade? Present state: Know that there is no direct upgrade path visible. And RH does not support direct upgrade. H/W: HP Proliant DL 380 G4 TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Upgrade from OL 6.3 to 6.5

Hello, For upgrading from OL 6.3 to 6.5 is this possible to upgrade without rebuild? What should be the generic steps in migration to OL 6.5. IS this like building up from scratch ? Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
4 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)