Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux I am a beginner.Wanna become expert. Post 75007 by woofie on Tuesday 14th of June 2005 06:51:36 PM
Old 06-14-2005
Do a search your questions has been answered many times in the past.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to it all, But i wanna script really badly!!!

Ok, im brand new to this whole thing, well nearly, but all i wanna know and do is scripting, WHAT DO I DO?!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheNewGuy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total windows cripple wanna learn unix well

hello, I finally installed a unix port (NetBSD) on my workpad z50 and now I'm trying to configure it and well right about now I know 2 commands and I can start one program Vi is the program and I can navagate with cd and ls those are the two commands wait I know 3 date I also know but I can't even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terramir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

4. Programming

Anyone wanna write this?

Write a function named isPrime which accepts one integer parameter, say x. Have the function return TRUE if x is a prime. Otherwise, have it return FALSE. b) Write a program that keeps asking the user for an integer say k. As long as k is greater than 0, the program will call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Bits - Anyone wanna work something out?

I need bits for the emergency forum....my panic levels are starting to rise due to no responses to my threads. Please let me know if you have extra bits, and what it will take to get them. I need like 13000 more to post in there I think. Thank you, D ---------- Post updated at 01:09 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Wanna change my username

Hi team, I want to change my username.. I tried in the edit option but i can't get it.. Can u help me.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)