Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding and copying files !
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding and copying files ! Post 74949 by vino on Tuesday 14th of June 2005 02:02:45 PM
Old 06-14-2005
Try this.

Code:
find /home/kit -name '*.pdf' | while read file; do cp $file /sample/ ; done

Vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding and Copying Email

I have to create a bash script that will find Feedback emails and copy them to a labFeedback folder in my mail directory. I have an idea in my head on what commands can be used for this (find obviously among them). However, I have no idea where to start. I'm not sure what info needs to be given,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joesgrrrl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Copying files

Hello :) can someone please help me with this task: I am in the shell, in folder "Main" below the folder Main are sub folders: "sourceA", "Source B", and "target" in sourceA and source B are files, and in folder "Main" is a textfile, with filenames, one filename per line. I need a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y-T
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding duplicates then copying, almost there, maybe?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to help my wife with a project, she has exported 200 images from many different folders, unfortunately there was a problem with the export and I need to find the master versions so that she doesn't have to go through and select them again. I need to: For each image in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhinoskin
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding, copying, assembling

Hi everybody, I've been running some analyses, the results of which have been stored in a sequential manner with a directory structure like step0, step1, step2, ... for iterations 0-2, for example. Each iteration contains several nested folders, with three pieces of information I need. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JDenton
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Challenges in finding and copying the block

Hi, I have a below challenging task where iam unable to find the block and copy the same into a file. I tried my luck,howver iam unable to reach the first and second step..Can anyone help me with a clue or with the commands so that i can give a try. 1. search the <number>9966993366</number>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and copying list of files using bash shell script

Dear All, I have a situation where I want to copy some files of type .txt. These files are o/p from one program. Some of the files are named as fileName .txt instead of fileName.txt after fileName by mistake I have specified "space". Now I want to move these files as follows. mv fileName*... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)