Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Makefile relinks everytime
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefile relinks everytime Post 74818 by Perderabo on Monday 13th of June 2005 03:52:31 PM
Old 06-13-2005
That line claims to make a file called OH3S but probably doesn't. Would it really kill you to try changing it to:
$(OH3S)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run source .bashrc everytime

hi all, I've included some variables in my .bashrc file. But everytime i'm logging in i need to source my .bashrc file to make effect of my variables. i'm having an account on a highly secured production environment. I've the following in my ~/.bashrc file alias cls=clear How to make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyanraj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does my webserver stop everytime I exit my session?

Hi, We have a webserver which runs on our unix server, we had to stop it for some work to be carried out, and restarted it earlier this week. I'm logging in as myself and then root and starting the webserver as follows: cd /etc/init.d ./northgate.web start this starts it up fine,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to start in a bash shell everytime I logon to SunOS?

Hi I logon to sunos boxes at work that starts in a ksh shell. I would like to login to a bash shell whenever I logon to the sunos boxes instead of having to login and type bash . I tried editing the .profile and added SHELL= usr/bin/bash however when I login I am still in the ksh shell. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esa
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script run everytime a new terminal window is opened

I created a script called title #!/bin/sh echo "^0;$*^G" It will change the terminal window titlebar to what ever I type after the script (title BIG would change titlebar to BIG instead of terminal) Is there a way to make it run so it will work on every terminal window that gets opened.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amason0508
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a shell script everytime the terminal is opened

the problem statement is Write a shell script, which gets executed the moment the user opens a terminal. It should display the message "Hello your_name, welcome to 172.16.4.120 server” How to get around this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To move multiple files to a new folder everytime

Hi , Below is the scenario A.txt B.txt C.csv .......... i want to move all the above files in to a new path & new folder .This folder is created based on date(for ex: today's fodler name will be 20120222).for Everyday move a new folder based on date has to be created & this folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Test UNIX command without $? everytime

Hello all, working on Solaris 10 in ksh. Basicly, in my function, i'm trying to test that all my unix cmd's are true (exit status 0) else you flag the rcControlRule to 1 without going into spagetti mode code testing every $? in a if statement. The mdb is probably a little tricky cause it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Epoch time to produce exact date everytime

so i have to perform a certain task at set times. for instance, i need to run a job at 12:30am every night, and other jobs, i only need to have them run on saturdays. how do i manipulate the date command to give me the epoch equivalence of what 12:30am would be every day? im looking for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
KILL(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   KILL(1)

NAME
kill -- terminate or signal a process SYNOPSIS
kill [-s signal_name] pid ... kill -l [exit_status] kill -signal_name pid ... kill -signal_number pid ... DESCRIPTION
The kill utility sends a signal to the processes specified by the pid operands. Only the super-user may send signals to other users' processes. The options are as follows: -s signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -l [exit_status] If no operand is given, list the signal names; otherwise, write the signal name corresponding to exit_status. -signal_name A symbolic signal name specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. -signal_number A non-negative decimal integer, specifying the signal to be sent instead of the default TERM. The following PIDs have special meanings: -1 If superuser, broadcast the signal to all processes; otherwise broadcast to all processes belonging to the user. Some of the more commonly used signals: 1 HUP (hang up) 2 INT (interrupt) 3 QUIT (quit) 6 ABRT (abort) 9 KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable kill) 14 ALRM (alarm clock) 15 TERM (software termination signal) Some shells may provide a builtin kill command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The kill utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
Terminate the processes with PIDs 142 and 157: kill 142 157 Send the hangup signal (SIGHUP) to the process with PID 507: kill -s HUP 507 Terminate the process group with PGID 117: kill -- -117 SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), killall(1), ps(1), sh(1), kill(2), sigaction(2) STANDARDS
The kill utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A kill command appeared in Version 3 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
A replacement for the command ``kill 0'' for csh(1) users should be provided. BSD
April 28, 1995 BSD