Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execution of shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting execution of shell script Post 74698 by malaymaru on Monday 13th of June 2005 04:36:01 AM
Old 06-13-2005
execution of shell script

How can I execute another shell script from one?

Malay

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sequential execution in shell script?

I've a shell script that invokes a URL of an application to do some work, e.g., http://www.abc.com/myservlet?action=helloworld.Does the shell wait for a return value from the URL call before proceeding to the next line of command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell script execution

Hi All, i am running a shell script in which there is a command `ps -ef | grep smon > db` When i execute this command in the command prompt i am getting the desired output..but when the script is executed..the db file is getting created but with no values...I could not find the reason for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron execution of shell script

Hi Guys, Unable to run this script from the cron,although the same executes perfectly from the command line.Please help. #!/bin/sh #### aprintd alarm creation files ##### file=`date +%m%d%Y` pid=$$ echo "$pid" /u01/app/netboss/bin/aprintd/aprintd > $file & childpid=$!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish.sharma
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with shell script

Hi all, I want to use perl string manipulation commands in my shell script. I have written following script. echo "enter name" read name perl -e '$m=length($name); echo $m it gives an error: unrecognized token in perl command line. do not suggest me an equivalent command of shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admc123
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script execution methods

Hi, Shell script can be executed in few ways. I would like to know the differences in the below execution methods. sh file1.sh . file1.sh . /file1.sh Please help, thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script execution in ab initio

Hi All, How to execute shell script for running Ab initio graphs? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eshalife
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script execution issues

Hi, There's a shell script by name "download", which has been created as user "mgr" and that script needs to executed as user "dev". I tried giving privileges 701 on the script download. But it's throwing the error message bin]$ ./download /bin/bash: ./download: Permission denied ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Script on Solaris spawning 2 processes for one shell script execution

Hi, I am having a shell script on Solaris 10 which has a while loop as shown below. #!/usr/bin/ksh # while do sleep 60 done Name of the shell script is coldcentric.sh. I executed script /DATAWAREHOUSE/LOAD/Scripts/coldcentric.sh from a command task in Informatica worklow as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
3 Replies
SETUID(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)