Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: history
Top Forums Programming history Post 7468 by Bigdaddy on Wednesday 26th of September 2001 03:53:52 PM
Old 09-26-2001
history

hi
any body can help me where i cand find an information about
the History of Unix
or the answers for these
who was the original created of unix?

in what year was unix re-written in the c language?

what is the universtity developed unix in a major way?

what are the main"flavours" of unix today?
or any thing about the history of unix
i'm lost please..

Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History

hi there all , i would like to know what are the other alternatives besides .sh_history file to get all commands typed on console .. Can u help me ? Thanks for all PS : I'm a newbie on this forum :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuniorJack
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

History ??

Hi, How can i see first 3 commands that are there in history {fc -l} ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

History

Hi I am new here.Hope this has not been already posted.I searched,but couldn't find. I am currently learning and using lots of new bash commands,I even check sites and try out commands,or visit folders like /usr/bin and /bin etc and just man many of them and try them. The thing is..I forget some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
doctools_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools					      doctools_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools_lang_faq - doctools language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the doctools markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCTOOLS EXAMPLES? The most examples of doctools markup currently known can be found in the Tcllib and Tklib package bundles where basically the documentation of all packages is written in it. In Tcllib you will also find the sources for the doctools documentation themselves, which makes use of nearly all of the available markup commands. You need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
doctools_lang_cmdref, doctools_lang_intro, doctools_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
doctools commands, doctools language, doctools markup, doctools syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctools_lang_faq(n)