Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Imaging for Redundancy
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Imaging for Redundancy Post 7465 by vancouver_joe on Wednesday 26th of September 2001 03:42:02 PM
Old 09-26-2001
Imaging...systemimager.org

After I do my fresh installs I take a snapshot of them using systemimager . It works like a charm. No dd required.

Your system must support rsync for this option to work,...and if you're live on the internet, then maybe you may want to review your security concerns regarding having this daemon working on your server.

http://www.systemimager.org

Good Luck. Hope this helps.

VJ

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Imaging of SCO-UNIX box

Does anyone know of any good imaging tools that can be used to create an image of a Sco-Unix box? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmrfh1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port Redundancy

Dears, I have server has two port's(Enet0,Enet1) what I want as follows: Make the two port's has same IP address where, if the port Enet0 became down automaticly Enet1 become up :confused: . Amen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amen00
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network redundancy with software

Here we want to implement the network redundancy on UNIX with the software. The two network interface cards are configured on the UNIX node,once one card is down or unnormal,the other can take over. Those aplications that used the tcp ,udp,multicast protocol can also been switched at the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

email redundancy between two servers

We have had some email outages in the last few months and my boss is asking is it worth going with one of those email redundancy/filtering sites. The thing is, we have a backup server on a remote location, so I am pretty sure we can set something up with what we have already. At the moment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzillion
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Imaging solution?

Can anyone recommend an imaging solution for RedHat Linux that would allow base imaging with the ability to do incremental updates and encryption? I know Acronis has a version available, but it is rather pricey. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
0 Replies

6. Solaris

dd - imaging drives. Oh boy!

Hello, Yes, it's me again. Running around getting this done! My current problem is I'm trying to image one drive 0 (/dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0) to drive 1 (/dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0). I know that drive1 came out of a Sun Server and it is a Sun drive. Solaris 10 recognized drive1 after the devfsadm command. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
8 Replies

7. AIX

VIO Redundancy

Hi Guys, I'm working on building a new 595 machine.. I'm try to achieve high availability for the VIO clients using 2 VIO servers, The ethernet part is satisfied using SEA failover, Now how do I achieve redundancy for the disks, its the servers internal disk attached to the scsi cards... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
2 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS redundancy....basics...

Have been learning a lot off late and am a little unclear about the VIOS setup particularly with regards to redundancy. Would appreciate your help. My question is very basic. Lets say I have setup a VIOS and 3 LPARs on only one hdd (non scsi). On what do I setup the second VIOS? Could I for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
7 Replies

9. AIX

Can EtherChannel be a redundancy config?

I have one p5 server, no lpar, 2 physical network adapter, bundle as one EtherChannel. The two 2 physical network adapter connect to 2 network switches. How to make this as a redundancy config? Current is if one physical network adapter down, the seond one will go through the network. but if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies
SVNPATH(1)																SVNPATH(1)

NAME
svnpath - output svn url with support for tags and branches SYNOPSIS
svnpath svnpath tags svnpath branches svnpath trunk DESCRIPTION
svnpath is intended to be run in a Subversion working copy. In its simplest usage, svnpath with no parameters outputs the svn url for the repository associated with the working copy. If a parameter is given, svnpath attempts to instead output the url that would be used for the tags, branches, or trunk. This will only work if it's run in the top-level directory that is subject to tagging or branching. For example, if you want to tag what's checked into Subversion as version 1.0, you could use a command like this: svn cp $(svnpath) $(svnpath tags)/1.0 That's much easier than using svn info to look up the repository url and manually modifying it to derive the url to use for the tag, and typing in something like this: svn cp svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/trunk svn+ssh://my.server.example/svn/project/tags/1.0 svnpath uses a simple heuristic to convert between the trunk, tags, and branches paths. It replaces the first occurrence of trunk, tags, or branches with the name of what you're looking for. This will work ok for most typical Subversion repository layouts. If you have an atypical layout and it does not work, you can add a ~/.svnpath file. This file is perl code, which can modify the path in $url. For example, the author uses this file: #!/usr/bin/perl # svnpath personal override file # For d-i I sometimes work from a full d-i tree branch. Remove that from # the path to get regular tags or branches directories. $url=~s!d-i/(rc|beta)[0-9]+/!!; $url=~s!d-i/sarge/!!; 1 LICENSE
GPL version 2 or later AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 SVNPATH(1)