Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running scripts with condition Post 746 by Hamid Afsharazad on Tuesday 16th of January 2001 07:54:59 AM
Old 01-16-2001
Data

I have two scripts:
SCR1 which takes between 5 seconds to 15 minutes and needs to be run every 23 minutes.
SCR2 which needs to be run every 5 minutes but only if SCR1 is not running at that moment.

How can I do this task?

Best Regards
/Hamid

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripts running under different users

what command can i use to tell if a script is running under different users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csnewbie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

When running if condition, getting the following error

Hi All, My input file name is 1.sh the contents of file are cat status2.txt | while read filename do echo "$filename" echo "first content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" echo "second content of the file is ${filename}" if } -eq 0 -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

until loop : running even if condition is satisfied

I am checking one until loop with the following logic until || |||| do sleep 30 done before running this i am exporting above variables to SUCCESS.But the loop is running in infinite loop.My requirement is to make the loop run until all the 3 variables are SUCCESS or any of the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

8. Solaris

running scripts from cron

I need to run a script (from cron) that runs a second script. What worries me is that second script, when run from bash, upon finishing doesn't return to bash unless I press the 'Enter' key. I presume that's because last command in that script ends with & Could that be a problem for cron?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from different server

Hi, I need a script (ksh) on ServerAdmin that will run an archive scripts from different several Servers through ssh. The problem is that how can i switch user when before running the archive script. I already configured password-less connection on the servers. server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple scripts using if condition

I have an if condition. If that condition is true then one script will be run and after that I need to check another condition based on the output value of first script. i tried like below : cd lock if ; then rm exitup if ; then kb_shutdown kb_startup if ; then rm exitup if ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charanarjun
3 Replies
ANACRONTAB(5)							   File Formats 						     ANACRONTAB(5)

NAME
/etc/anacrontab - configuration file for Anacron DESCRIPTION
The /etc/anacrontab configuration file describes the jobs controlled by anacron(8). It can contain three types of lines: job-description lines, environment assignments, or empty lines. Job-description lines can have the following format: period in days delay in minutes job-identifier command The period in days variable specifies the frequency of execution of a job in days. This variable can be represented by an integer or a macro (@daily, @weekly, @monthly), where @daily denotes the same value as the integer 1, @weekly the same as 7, and @monthly specifies that the job is run once a month, independent on the length of the month. The delay in minutes variable specifies the number of minutes anacron waits, if necessary, before executing a job. This variable is repre- sented by an integer where 0 means no delay. The job-identifier variable specifies a unique name of a job which is used in the log files. The command variable specifies the command to execute. The command can either be a command such as ls /proc >> /tmp/proc or a command to execute a custom script. Environment assignment lines can have the following format: VAR=VALUE Any spaces around VAR are removed. No spaces around VALUE are allowed (unless you want them to be part of the value). The specified assignment takes effect from the next line until the end of the file, or to the next assignment of the same variable. The START_HOURS_RANGE variable defines an interval (in hours) when scheduled jobs can be run. In case this time interval is missed, for example, due to a power down, then scheduled jobs are not executed that day. The RANDOM_DELAY variable denotes the maximum number of minutes that will be added to the delay in minutes variable which is specified for each job. A RANDOM_DELAY set to 12 would therefore add, randomly, between 0 and 12 minutes to the delay in minutes for each job in that particular anacrontab. When set to 0, no random delay is added. Empty lines are either blank lines, line containing white spaces only, or lines with white spaces followed by a '#' followed by an arbi- trary comment. You can continue a line onto the next line by adding a '' at the end of it. In case you want to disable Anacron, add the 0anacron cron job (which is a part of crontab(1)) into the /etc/cron.hourly/jobs.deny direc- tory. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to set up an Anacron job similar in functionality to /etc/crontab which starts all regular jobs between 6:00 and 8:00 only. A RANDOM_DELAY which can be 30 minutes at the most is specified. Jobs will run serialized in a queue where each job is started only after the previous one is finished. # environment variables SHELL=/bin/sh PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin MAILTO=root RANDOM_DELAY=30 # Anacron jobs will start between 6am and 8am. START_HOURS_RANGE=6-8 # delay will be 5 minutes + RANDOM_DELAY for cron.daily 1 5 cron.daily nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily 7 0 cron.weekly nice run-parts /etc/cron.weekly @monthly 0 cron.monthly nice run-parts /etc/cron.monthly SEE ALSO
anacron(8), crontab(1) The Anacron README file. AUTHOR
Itai Tzur <itzur@actcom.co.il> Currently maintained by Pascal Hakim <pasc@(debian.org|redellipse.net)>. For Fedora, maintained by Marcela Malaova <mmaslano@redhat.com>. cronie 2012-11-22 ANACRONTAB(5)