Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reason: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed Post 74551 by jhansrod on Friday 10th of June 2005 12:52:36 PM
Old 06-10-2005
reason: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

Hi all

I am sending a mail form a AIX5.2 system to a exchangse server. I get a return receipt as follows :-

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
ITS-TOSG@mycompany.com
(reason: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mail3.mycompany.com.:
>>> MAIL From:<root@HOST1@mycompany.com>
<<< 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

553 config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem)

I recieve 553 5.3.4 mail.xxxx.com config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?) when I try to send email from client . The message reaches the server and dies there I'm using sendmail 8.12.9 on OpenBSD 3.3. I can check mail on client with no problem Thanks for any help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluehell
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Your Opinion requested

Ladies/Gentlemen, I am looking for a web-based tool to keep track of my Sun inventory. The following list of fields are fields I would like to store: Root Passwd (needs to be secure) / Hostid / Console Port / IP Address / Platform / Application / Hostname . . . you get the point. Do any of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

SMTP Error 553

Hello, guys ! I have a problem on one of my servers and I dont't know how to handle it. When I try to send en email to a mailbox from another server I get the following error: Does anyone have an ideea where the problem could be ? Or where should I start looking ? The problem appears... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK issue--> Help requested

Fairly new scripter so please bare with me if what I have done below is not according to standards. Okay...heres what I am trying to do. I have a pattern that I need to search for in a directory. This gives me a list of files that includes a control file that contains totals of the line nos for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP 553 error

Hi , I am doing a ftp file transfer to a remote system.I got an error like "553 FTP_ASCII_PUSH: Permission denied. (upload). " please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ftp 553

hello i want to put a file on a rmote system. the file is owned by the user but the parent folder is owned by root. when I cd to the folder where this file exists, I can "put" the file. when I do not cd the folder, and do put "full path of the file", I receive error 553. any idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on sed requested

Hi I have a problem to resolve, I think sed is the best option, and I am not successful yet. Have a UNIX file which has records as of the 2 character state codes like NY NJ PA DE From the file I need to create this as a variable in the same script or another file -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snair2010
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

[Solved] FTP 553 Could not create file.

Hi, We have one server - "ftpserver", just setup with RedHat 5.7. ftpserver is able to get & put from another server, however, other server are unable to get or put in the ftpserver. # su - ftpuser $ pwd /home/ftpuser $ cd .. $ ls -ltr drwxrwxrwx 3 ftpuser ftpuser 4096 Sep 10 09:19... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script HELP Requested.

Hello ALL , i am requesting help on for this script i am preparing to get the result of a query in a excel sheet : current Error: Script : NO Excel file created. requesting to know where i am going wrong. #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anirudhkashikar
2 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)