Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: useradd
Operating Systems Solaris useradd Post 74476 by Selma on Friday 10th of June 2005 04:17:03 AM
Old 06-10-2005
Thank you for your answer. I tried this, it now prevents the user to enter all directories including it's home directories Smilie Should the owner of the user's home directory be the user itself or root?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd

I work on some hp ux 11.00 Servers. i have to add an user. i use the useradd command like follows: useradd -u 72022 -g 71095 -c " comment " -d /PACKAGE_NAME/home/username -s /usr/bin/sh username The command returns with error 3. The manpage means value number 3: Invalid argument supplied to an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd

Hi. due to some needs i gave a user the premission to use useradd command with sudo. i want to know if there is a way to let him set the initial password, without giving him the premission to use passwd command as root (sudo). maybe a way to set a default password for all the new users that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

useradd

Gurus, I need to add a user to all the machines. I need a script to do this. I did one but it does not allow me to su to root within a ssh session i open. It exists saying su: Sorry. Please let me know how i can do it. I do not have the freedom of using sudo either. Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

useradd?

Hi Experts, when using useradd command, what are the necessary options/arguments to be included? Please advice. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

useradd problem

O/S: Solaris 9 Architecture: SPARC The man page for useradd states, "The new login remains locked until the passwd(1) command is executed." This is a problem for me when accessing remotely via SSH and creating a new account from the console with useradd. As soon as I try to login into the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxsun1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with useradd script

Ok Im trying too make this shell script create users from my text file, I also want to type in a password for the new users. So thay can make a uniq one themself after first logon. #!/bin/sh # Sebastian schmidt clear echo "*************************************************************"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
3 Replies

7. BSD

useradd in linux

hi.. i want to know when we add a new user by useradd command in linux "ram" in the system then bydefault " ram " name directory will create inside /home/ram . why..?? i want to know behind this logic . please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

useradd

if useradd command is deleted in solaris how do we add user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_ng
3 Replies

9. Solaris

useradd

I want to creat a 27 logins in solaris.Can anyone tell me how to write a script for that so that i create at a time for all 27 people. Thanks to guide me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Useradd with ansible

Hello, I need ansible playbook to create new user on remote server. Remote server blocked direct root login so I must login first application user and later I must run "useradd" command with sudo. I need playbook.yml and cli command. Best regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies
pure-quotacheck(8)						     Pure-FTPd							pure-quotacheck(8)

NAME
pure-quotacheck - Update virtual quota files for Pure-FTPd SYNTAX
pure-quotacheck -u username/gid -d home directory [-g group/gid] DESCRIPTION
pure-quotacheck create a .ftpquota file in the specified directory. This file contains the current file and size of the directory, and it is used by Pure-FTPd when virtual quotas are enabled. It's recommended to periodically run pure-quotacheck for every user, in crontabs. OPTIONS
-d <directory> Scans the specified <directory>. -g <group or gid> Sets the group files will be scanned as. This is optional : if a user name is passed to -u</fR>, group are automatically retrieved. -u <user or uid> Set the user name files will be scanned as. This is mandatory, and it can't be "root". -h Output usage information and exit. FILES
.ftpquota EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-quotacheck -u john -d /home/john AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SECURITY
pure-quotacheck switches real and effective uids/gids as soon as possible. Root privileges are never given back. pure-quotacheck refuses to scan directories with uid = 0 (root) or gid = 0 (wheel/root) . pure-quotacheck performs a chroot() call to the home directory. It never traverses parent directories. pure-quotacheck only scans real files (no socket, no pipe, etc) . pure-quotacheck enforces read access on directories to prevent against people doing chmod 0 before a quota scan. pure-quotacheck enforces write access on the home directory to properly write the .ftpquota file. pure-quotacheck never scans the same inode/device pair twice. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-quotacheck(8)