Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell arrays in oracle stored procedure Post 74435 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 9th of June 2005 02:54:48 PM
Old 06-09-2005
Another way to do this:
1. write the contents of the array to something like a pipe-delimited file
2. Write a PL/SQL wrapper for your SP that calls UTL_FILE to read in the file, and create an array out of it, then pass the array (table actually) to the SP.

There is no shortcut.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle stored procedure.

I am using sqlplus. I have the stored procedure name. How can i print the stored procedure content? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute an Oracle stored procedure from a shell scrip

Here is a snippet of my code: if then echo "\n Deleting all reports older than 24 hours. \n" >> $logfile ls -l $FileName >> $logfile ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and redirect output of Oracle stored procedure from unix script

Hi, Can you assist me in how to redirect the output of oracle stored procedure from unix script? Something similar to what i did for sybase isql -U$MYDBLOG -D$MYDBNAME -S$MYDBSVR -P$MYDBPWD -o$MYFILE<< %% proc_my_test 8 go %% Thanks in advance - jak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and Oracle stored procedure output in logfile

Friends, I pass some runtime arguments (date, number) through ksh script to Oracle procedure, use input value and pass it on to procedure. Oracle procedure gets input value, run query and logs everything in the logfile. I'm facing with couple of challenges 1. Even though I pass all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
5 Replies
XtMenuPopdown() 														   XtMenuPopdown()

Name
  XtMenuPopdown - built-in action for popping down a widget.

Synopsis (Translation Table)
  <Event sequence>: XtMenuPopdown([shell])

Inputs
  shell     An optional argument which specifies the name of the shell to pop down.

Availability
  This action is named MenuPopdown prior to Release 4.

Description
  XtMenuPopdown  is a predefined action procedure which does not have a corresponding public C routine.  It can only be invoked from a trans-
  lation table.  If passed an argument, that argument is interpreted as a shell name, and XtMenuPopdown tries to  find	the  named  shell  by
  looking up the widget tree starting at the parent of the widget in which it is invoked.  If it finds a shell with the specified name in the
  popup children of that parent, it pops down the shell by calling XtPopdown(); otherwise, it moves  up  the  parent  chain  as  needed.   If
  XtMenuPopdown  gets  to the application top-level shell widget and cannot find a matching shell, it generates a warning and returns immedi-
  ately.  If XtMenuPopdown is called with no argument, it calls XtPopdown() on the widget for which the translation is specified.

Usage
  Note that XtMenuPopdown is an action procedure; you cannot call it from C code.

The action name MenuPopdown is a synonym for XtMenuPopdown.  Either action can be used to pop down menus or other popup shells.

Popup shells can also be popped down by calling XtPopdown() explicitly, or by using the predefined callback procedure XtCallbackPopdown().

The action XtMenuPopup can be used to pop up a spring-loaded popup from a translation table.

See Also
  XtCallbackPopdown(1), XtMenuPopup(1), XtPopDown(1), XtPopup(1), XtPopupSpringLoaded(1).

Xt - Pop Ups															   XtMenuPopdown()