Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to show what is running on a given port. Post 74249 by dsimpg1 on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 02:31:01 PM
Old 06-08-2005
How to show what is running on a given port.

Is there a command that I can run (currently running AIX) that will tell me what is running on, as an example, port 7002? Also, would this command be able to list all of the ports and what's running on them? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a process running on a port

how do I find the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix? Murali (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show progress bar for a running process

Hi, I have 2 shell scripts ,one for taking hot backup of oracle Database while other is for progress bar. But I don't have an idea hoe should I incorporate the shell script of progress bar in my hot backup code . Please help. My shell script for hot backup is as below: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
0 Replies

3. Solaris

ifconfig -a for rtls0 does not show RUNNING

Hi, I have freshly installed solaris 10 update 5 on my desktop, and during the installation, I specified a static IP address, gateway, netmask. When I run "ifconfig rtls0" after the installation, I get the following message #ifconfig rtls0 rtls0: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4>... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishisthere
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Port status/Running daemon

Hi, I need to run an application (Hudson) listening to port 8080 on a remote Solaris server. I have managed to start that application and tried to access it with my browser from my local PC, but unsuccessfully. I need to find out what is blocking the access to that port (or any other). A... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JVerstry
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to know the application running of the port

Hi, is there any command to findout that which application is using the particular port. or whether any port is occupied with the specfic process id ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Which command can be used to show running services?

Hi Dear Guys: I want to get a list of running services. Is there any command having this functionality? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Process running on which port

Hi I would like to know, how to find that particular process is running on which port other than /etc/services as this file shows well known ports information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

8. AIX

Process running on which port

I would like to know, how to find that particular process is running on which port other than /etc/services as this file shows well known ports information Double post, continued here. If you want answers for different OS, post in a general section instead. If you want your other post moved... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to show Cisco Router Running Configuration in Third Party Application

Hey everyone, I have a few question. 1. Is it possible to display cisco 'show run' output command to the application ?? 2. And is there any ways to log in to the router instead of using telnet from telnet application??? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show running process command > 60 chars

Hi. I use this command to get list of running process: ps -ef|grep ICP|grep -v grep But how do I set the terminal to show full command? It seems that it always truncated to 60 chars no matter what options I put. e.g output oracle9 25011 24998 0 03:00:05 ? 0:00 /usr/bin/sh... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
14 Replies
cdsclerk(1m)															      cdsclerk(1m)

NAME
cdsclerk - Manages the interface between clients and the CDS server SYNOPSIS
cdsclerk [-D] [-w route] OPTIONS
For debugging use only. Causes the cdsadv clerk process not to fork. Routes serviceability messages. DESCRIPTION
The cdsclerk command manages the interface between clients and the CDS server. Privilege Required You must log in as superuser (root). NOTES
This command is used by the advertiser on the system where the CDS clerk is running. You should use this command interactively only to do diagnostic work on the host system. EXAMPLE
Before you run the following process, make sure that other clerks are not running. To start the cdsclerk process, follow these steps: Make sure that a CDS server is already running somewhere within the cell. Log in to the system as superuser (root). Log in to DCE as the machine principal of the local host. Enter the principal name in the format /hosts/hostname/self as shown in the following example command for a host named orion whose password is smith: # dce_login hosts/orion/self smith Enter the following command to see if the dced process is already running: # ps If the dced process appears on the list of active processes, proceed to step 5. If the dced process does not appear on the list of active processes, enter the following command to start the process: # dced Enter the following command to start the cdsadv process: # cdsadv Enter the following command with the appropriate arguments to start the cdsclerk process: # cdsclerk RELATED INFORMATION
Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide cdsclerk(1m)