Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My Mail Service
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) My Mail Service Post 74247 by Jariya on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 02:24:25 PM
Old 06-08-2005
Re (and thx RTM),

Im using Mac Os X Tiger, and id like to use the mail command, in terminal; I dont know if mail (not the mail program of mac os, the unix mail) is currently configured because i can send mails, i.e. cat carta.txt | mail [arguments] name@hotmail.com, and it works. The sender is username@localhost, although i never can receive mails sent to the previous mail address ( username@.. ), so i suppose i should configure the unix mail ( system files...) and i ask for help in this point Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail service

How to restart mail service ?? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moreg
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to monitor BI service and trigger a mail

Hello friends, I am new to shell scripting.I am assigned a task in Unix to prepare a script which will check if OBI 10g services are running or not and to send email if the services are down.Any help will be appreciated. I tried searching for it in the blog and came across the following code ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep467
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mail service

I am using rhel OS 7 , how to enable sendmail option , i have looked all places /bin/mail is this place to start with ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
6 Replies
WWW::Topica::Mail(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    WWW::Topica::Mail(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Topica::Mail - parse a single Topica mailing list mail SYNOPSIS
my $index = WWW::Topic::Index->new($index_html); foreach my $mess_id ($index->message_ids) { # the mail has some information and also provides a link to the reply ... my $mail = WWW::Topica::Mail->new($topica->fetch_mail($mess_id), $mess_id); # which has other information (like the un-htmled mail and the email address) ... my $reply = WWW::Topica::Reply->new($topica->fetch_reply($mail->id, $mail->eto), $mail->id, $mail->eto); } print "Next offset is ".$index->next." "; print "Previous offset is ".$index->prev." "; DESCRIPTION
Used to parse a single message page from Topica.com's mailing list indexes. Message pages have the subject and the date and time of the mail being sent as well as a full name of each sender. METHODS
new <page html> <id> Takes the page html and the message-id and parses the html. parse <html> Parse the html to get message ids and next & prev offsets. id Get the id of this mail eto Get the eto of the next reply we need to get date Get the date of this mail subject The subject of the mail from Get the name of the person it was from body Get the body of the mail. AUTHOR
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, Simon Wistow perl v5.10.1 2006-01-03 WWW::Topica::Mail(3pm)