Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Some Sweeping, General Information from AT&T Post 74243 by rfmurphy_6 on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 02:07:39 PM
Old 06-08-2005
Tools Very...

interesting Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system general information

hi I am new to this forum. hope to get help from u all. how can i write these by using shell programming? 1. The name of the machine and the date/time at which the report was produced. 2. Licensing information such as the operating system revision level and license restrictions in terms of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PHP replacing text between TAGS & URI information in Title Tag

Hi, what I am trying to do in PHP, is to replace the Title. I need some of the URL information inside aswell depending on the domain. The title is always different so I need to store it in a variable, put the url info like described below in front of it. Here is an example how it should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies
XFLIP(6)							   Games Manual 							  XFLIP(6)

NAME
xflip, meltdown - astonish your friends with interesting X effects SYNOPSIS
xflip [-planes] [-vert] [-oblic] [-fast | -random] [-times number] [-display displayname] meltdown [-planes] [-display displayname] [-delay x] [-wait n | -wait 0] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xflip, and meltdown commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. The programs play with the X display, producing some interesting effects. One traditional use of these commands is to have them run and affect someone else's X display, as a practical joke. OPTIONS
-display displayname The X display to operate on. -planes Operate on a singleplane at a time. -vert Flip the screen vertically. -oblic Flip the screen vertically and horizontally at the same time. -random Flip small random peices of the screen instead of the while display. -times number Specifies the number of peices of the screen to flip when -random is used. Default is 300. -delay x Meltdown may run too fast on fast computers to be fully appreciated; this can be used to slow it down. If specified, every x times the display is updated, a 1 microsecond delay will be inserted. The default is no delay at all. Reasonable values for x are in the 20 to 200 range. -wait n Makes meltdown wait for n seconds after the screen is totally black. If you pass 0 to -wait, it will wait until you press a key or mouse button. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Joey Hess, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. XFLIP(6)