Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module Post 74178 by mh53j_fe on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 08:10:11 AM
Old 06-08-2005
Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl.
Here is the Perl pseudocode:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.00506
use DBI;
##dblogin.pl provides a connection to the db. I retrieve the id, password, ##and host server variable from dblogin.pl
require "/cgi-bin/pswd/dblogin.pl";

$db_connection = $DB_id/$DB_pswd\@$DB_server;

#here is where I do not know what to do:
Call sh script RemoveRpts.sh and pass variable $db_connection

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script from perl

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right forum to post query regarding perl script. I have a perl script which internally calls a shell script. My problem is that the shell script should be passed command line arguments. I call a shell script from perl using: system("sript.sh"); How do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz correct my syntax of shell script

Dear all I am still bit new in shell script area.I am writing down a shell script which I guess somewhere wrong so please kindly correct it. I would be greatful for that. What I actually want from this shell script is that it will move all the files one by one to another server which can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from a perl module which uses Filehandle to login

Hi Guru's, Pardon me for the breach of rules..... I have very little knowledge about Shell Programming and Scripting hope you guys help me out of this troble I have very little time hence could not find the right way to direct my queries. coming to the problem I need to call a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikrishna_tung
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script

hello everyone i am beginner on shell scripting .and i am working on my project work on ad hoc network i wrote a batch (.sh) to do a looping and execute a tcl script i wrote before in each iteration ..but i got this problem " syntax error near unexpected token `('... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcoss90
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling PERL from a Korn shell script

I am currently in Afghanistan and do not have access to some of the resources I normally do back in the US. Just accessed this site and it looks promising! Hopefully you will not find my question too much of a waste of your time. I write mostly Korn Shell and PERL on Solaris systems for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mseanowen
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl from shell script

I am calling a perl script from shell script. $ cat mah_appln_bkp_oln.ksh #!/bin/ksh . /udb/home/udbappln/.profile . /udb/home/udbappln/sqllib/db2profile Com=/udb/udbappln/utility/systemscripts/currentUMR perl $Com/backup.pl -d dbname --tsm --purgetsmcopies 21 --purgetsmlogs exit 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Calling a sub routine from another module - help!!!

Hi, I am an occasional PERL user. I am trying to call a sub routine (passing parameters) in perl module from a driver .pl file. I have been "tinkering" for a while now and have confused myself. Could someone please look at the code below and spot where I am going wrong. testPerl.pl ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
0 Replies
AppConfig::CGI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       AppConfig::CGI(3pm)

NAME
AppConfig::CGI - Perl5 module for processing CGI script parameters. SYNOPSIS
use AppConfig::CGI; my $state = AppConfig::State->new(\%cfg); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); $cgi->parse($cgi_query); $cgi->parse(); # looks for CGI query in environment OVERVIEW
AppConfig::CGI is a Perl5 module which implements a CGI interface to AppConfig. It examines the QUERY_STRING environment variable, or a string passed explicitly by parameter, which represents the additional parameters passed to a CGI query. This is then used to update variable values in an AppConfig::State object accordingly. AppConfig::CGI is distributed as part of the AppConfig bundle. DESCRIPTION
USING THE AppConfig::CGI MODULE To import and use the AppConfig::CGI module the following line should appear in your Perl script: use AppConfig::CGI; AppConfig::CGI is used automatically if you use the AppConfig module and create an AppConfig::CGI object through the cgi() method. AppConfig::CGI is implemented using object-oriented methods. A new AppConfig::CGI object is created and initialised using the new() method. This returns a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. A reference to an AppConfig::State object should be passed in as the first parameter: my $state = AppConfig::State->new(); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); This will create and return a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. PARSING CGI QUERIES The "parse()" method is used to parse a CGI query which can be specified explicitly, or is automatically extracted from the "QUERY_STRING" CGI environment variable. This currently limits the module to only supporting the GET method. See AppConfig for information about using the AppConfig::CGI module via the cgi() method. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley, "<abw@wardley.org<gt"> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 1997,1998 Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
AppConfig, AppConfig::State perl v5.12.4 2007-05-30 AppConfig::CGI(3pm)