Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed help - delete last 2 lines. Post 74164 by r2007 on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 06:50:19 AM
Old 06-08-2005
N; Read the next line into the pattern-space.
$!P; Print the first line of the pattern-space, if the current line is not the last line.
$!D; Delete the first line of the pattern-space, if the current line is not the last line.
$d Delete everything in the pattern-space, if the current line is the last line.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple lines w/ sed

Hi all, I am trying to figure out the syntx to delete multiple lines w/ sed. I know the following syntax will delete lines 1 THROUGH 5 from filex: sed 1,5d filex But I wan to delete lines 1 AND 5 (keeping lines 2,3, and 4). Does anyone know how to do this in a single sed statement? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines containing text with sed

hello all I have bunch of files containing lines of text that surrounding by <# .......#> tags I like to delete this lines from the text files whiteout open the files , can it be done with sed ? or other unix tool (perl mybe )? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete blank lines with sed

I have a text file with blank lines fullfilled with spaces and others only containing the "Enter" caracter, the \012. I would like to eliminate all them with the sed command. Is it possible? making: sed '/^$/d' <file should delete the blank lines but doesn't work for the lines that only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmxps
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem - delete all lines until a match on 2 lines

First of all, I know this can be more eassily done with perl or other scripting languages but, that's not the issue. I need this in sed. (or wander if it's possible ) I got a file (trace file to recreate the control file from oracle for the dba boys) which contains some lines another line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plelie2
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to delete some lines from file

Hi All, I have one /etc/hosts.equiv file which has following entries ########## wcars42g admin wcars42b netmgr wcars42b oemssrvr wcars42f admin wcars42f netmgr wcars42f oemssrvr ########## I am trying to delete lines starting from wcars42b.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed to delete lines that with the following

Hi, I'm very new to Sed and I have a very large file that contains data in the following way (*064) 1 4 10 (*064) simulation time = 0.12000E-05 (*064) 1 2 10 (*064) 1 3 10Essentially what I want to do it delete every line that starts with '(*064) 1'I tried the following, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines with SED in Bash?

Hello everyone I'm doing a program in bash and wanted to know how can I do to delete document lines the words not ending in S with SED, ie, show only those ending with the letter S. I probe with: sed -e /$.*/d "$file" | more to delete all lines NOT ending in S but not work!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines using sed?

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/ten ServerName ten.com </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/sachin ServerName sachin.com </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.158:80> DocumentRoot /home/yuvraj ServerName yuvraj.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkmmelvin
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk to delete single lines that aren't touching other lines

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to use sed or awk to delete single lines in a file. By single, I mean lines that are not touching any other lines (just one line with white space above and below). Example: one two three four five six seven eight I want it to look like: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimjbe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk: delete n lines following a formfeed

Hi Members, This is my first post in this forum. I want to do is match form feed lines one by one in a file and delete the next n lines (ex-3 lines) with the form feed character Eg - Files looks like Data 1 Data 2 Data 3 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 Data4 Data5 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohan
9 Replies
GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)						   OpenGL Manual						 GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)

NAME
glLineStipple - specify the line stipple pattern C SPECIFICATION
void glLineStipple(GLint factor, GLushort pattern); PARAMETERS
factor Specifies a multiplier for each bit in the line stipple pattern. If factor is 3, for example, each bit in the pattern is used three times before the next bit in the pattern is used. factor is clamped to the range [1, 256] and defaults to 1. pattern Specifies a 16-bit integer whose bit pattern determines which fragments of a line will be drawn when the line is rasterized. Bit zero is used first; the default pattern is all 1's. DESCRIPTION
Line stippling masks out certain fragments produced by rasterization; those fragments will not be drawn. The masking is achieved by using three parameters: the 16-bit line stipple pattern pattern, the repeat count factor, and an integer stipple counter s. Counter s is reset to 0 whenever glBegin() is called and before each line segment of a glBegin()(GL_LINES)/glEnd() sequence is generated. It is incremented after each fragment of a unit width aliased line segment is generated or after each i fragments of an i width line segment are generated. The i fragments associated with count s are masked out if pattern bit s factor % 16 is 0, otherwise these fragments are sent to the frame buffer. Bit zero of pattern is the least significant bit. Antialiased lines are treated as a sequence of 1 x width rectangles for purposes of stippling. Whether rectangle s is rasterized or not depends on the fragment rule described for aliased lines, counting rectangles rather than groups of fragments. To enable and disable line stippling, call glEnable() and glDisable() with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE. When enabled, the line stipple pattern is applied as described above. When disabled, it is as if the pattern were all 1's. Initially, line stippling is disabled. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glLineStipple is executed between the execution of glBegin() and the corresponding execution of glEnd(). ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet() with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_PATTERN glGet() with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE_REPEAT glIsEnabled() with argument GL_LINE_STIPPLE SEE ALSO
glLineWidth(), glPolygonStipple() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLLINESTIPPLE(3G)