Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Information Urgently.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Information Urgently. Post 74159 by b.paramanatti on Wednesday 8th of June 2005 06:13:50 AM
Old 06-08-2005
Bhausab

Sumit,

I would recommend Sumitabh Das which is an easy to understand and most complete book for commands and elementary shell scripting. Try this one !

Bhausab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major Help Urgently Needed!!!!

Right deleted Linux partition usig windows then went to format c:\ but had to exit window now pc ONLY boots into GNU Grub. Does anyone know how to format the hard drive now????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billett05
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help urgently

Hi to All, I m a regular visitor of this site but this one is my first thread . Although I ve tried but I cant find the solution .:confused: I ve number of files having extension .file., which having some define statement in it.The files consits as follows Ex:- abc.file `define ADCONV0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setting Up Profile.......Need Help Urgently

Hi I am not able to setup PS1 environment variable in .profile file in my Home directory.I am using RED HAT3 Linux.this is the excercise that i have done $echo $SHELL /bin/ksh $pwd /home/khan $ls -l .profile -rwxrwxrwx $more .profile set -o vi export PS1='khan' $echo $PS1 $ (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachtokhan
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed urgently

hi all i need help I am confused and stucked. Actually i am new in this scripting stuff. I want to give complete txt file as a input to a variable and then sort the data in the file according to the alpha numeric characters, as my text file contains ! and !! and !!! indicating Minor, Major and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nabmufti
11 Replies

5. Solaris

most urgently about pc-routing

Hi I have knowledge is a little about Solaris 10. I have problem route Question I have two lan interfaces nge0 >> 192.168.1.1 / 24 and link up Client1 >> 192.168.1.10 not out internet (GW 192.168.1.254) nge1 >> 192.168.50.220 /24 and link up Client50 >> 192.168.50.1 can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sermsuk
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help needed Urgently... Thanks in advance

You have a file called /opt/test/input.txt with the following information: man_aa_bld_100.410.040_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:10 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.050_CMD 08/14/2008 23:29:21 08/14/2008 23:31:11 SU 5339491/1 man_aa_bld_100.410.060_CMD 08/14/2008 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need urgently....

I am new to shell scripting I am getting file sample.txt from mainframes to my unix machine Mon-Fri every 15 minutes from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. I need to Compare timestamp of sample.txt against system time via a Unix script kicked off by an Autosys job My Task is to write a shell script to monitor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinniforu2003
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script command - need help urgently

I have added script command to the .profile of the id, whose session needs to be captured. When exit command is issued, the script command exits. Is there a way to exit the parent shell also - and log off the system completely with one exit command? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need answers urgently!!

hello guys!! need 1 favour from u all.. Can u jst tell me the answers for these ques?? 1. ls - l _____ : command to return all files that end with single digit and those with TXT extension 2. ls -l report* _______ : command to return all files that start with the word RPT except those with LOG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gan_7
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help Urgently - ksh Script

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
4 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: + $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-SHELL(1)