Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Display program running on CDE via GNOME Post 74089 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 7th of June 2005 06:05:49 PM
Old 06-07-2005
don't know about Linux, but on Solaris 'xhost' lives under /usr/openwin/bin
maybe /usr/X11/bin/xhost ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a script from CDE...

Hi, I'm using Solaris 2.6 with a proprietary GUI. Is there a way to provide a user with access to a shell script from the CDE (workspace menu?). The user does not have command line (terminal) access. hope the question makes sense :rolleyes: thanks, kristy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
4 Replies

2. AIX

CDE running but not display on screen

Runing p550Q via HMC I'd like to start using graphic interface CDE: lslpp -l | grep X11.Dt* X11.Dt.ToolTalk -- AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.bitmaps -- AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.helpmin -- AIX CDE Minimum Help Files X11.Dt.helprun -- AIX CDE Runtime Help X11.Dt.lib -- AIX CDE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silves
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display a Graphic from a Unix program on a Pc – how?

An interesting puzzle. I run character based compiled C-Programs in a Unix environment on PCs in a Window. I want to be able to call up and display in a separate window a picture of a product called by a Unix shell script from within my Unix program. Ideally I would like to have a script that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barry Staples
4 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output bash program

Hello, i have a problem with the output from my bash program. I made this program #!/bin/bash BESTANDEN=$* # Plaatst bestanden in de variabele BESTANDEN TMPFILE=xmlprog.sh.$$.$RANDOM # basisnaam voor tijdelijke bestanden # controller of het programma correct is aangeroepen if then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchspiders
6 Replies

6. Linux

vncserver gnome display error

Hi all, I installed vncserver on fedora core 10. I am able to start vncserver and access it via vncviewer but i am not getting gnome display. I am getting the following errors. 1) The panel has encountered a fatal error: the panel could not register with bonobo activation server (error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
6 Replies

7. Programming

To display unique lines in a Program

I am new to C programming. I have been trying to display unique lines in a file from past two days. The problem is here, I have a file whose contents are, ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Teju88
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Display in a perl program

Hi All, I have created a sample perl program in one of the unix environment as below #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "<H1>Hello World</H1>"; When I execute it in unix, I get the below Content-type: text/html <H1>Hello World</H1> However, when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies

9. AIX

Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE

I configured CDE on AIX server and lauched CDE from desktop using reflection 14.1. I can lauch xclock with my own id but when i Su to any other id and try xclock it is giving the follwoing error X connection to localhost:10.0 broken ( explicit kill or server shutdown). Please elp on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Gnome config daemon gconfd-2 running out of file descriptors

Hello, I need to increase the maximum number of open files for the Gnome configuration daemon, /usr/lib/gconfd-2. There is one of these for each username, no matter how many sessions they've got. We have lots of people using DTUs to log into a Sun Ray server using the same account (bad idea,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twirlip
3 Replies
glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutDialsFunc - sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutDialsFunc(void (*func)(int dial, int value)); ARGUMENTS
func The new dials callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutDialsFunc sets the dial & button box dials callback for the current window. The dial & button box dials callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box dial changes. The dial parameter will be the dial number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box dials can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_DIALS). The value measures the absolute rotation in degrees. Dial values do not ``roll over'' with each com- plete rotation but continue to accumulate degrees (until the int dial value overflows). Registering a dial & button box dials callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box dials callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutDialsFunc disables the generation of dial & button box dials callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box dials callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutButtonBoxFunc, glutDeviceGet AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutDialsFunc(3GLUT)