Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to disable color text in xterm window Post 73934 by modemer on Monday 6th of June 2005 03:59:19 PM
Old 06-06-2005
how to disable color text in xterm window

Hello,

Anyone knows how to disable color text displayed on xterm window screen? I hate that color making me hard to read when front and background color are similar.

Thanks,

M.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximizing an xterm or aixterm window?

Is there a way to maximize an xterm window in a ksh script? I've tried a number of approaches, but none seem to have the desired affect. All I want to accomplish is to have the window maximized upon being called in the script...i.e: xterm -T MyNewXterm -e programToOpen & | maximized --or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spieterman
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xterm-color

Hi all, Can someone explain to me what xterm-color is? I do most of my coding on Emacs over telnet sessions with my school's server, and I recently discovered that if I set TERM=xterm-color in my environment, then emacs will will send colored syntax highlighting over telnet. That's great,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lantern
4 Replies

3. Solaris

How to set color in the xterm

Hello Friends, I am using solaris 10 operating system. I would like to know how to use the xterm color in it. I am trying this command:- xterm -bg color, but it is giving this talc:/home/ania {ania} xterm -bg color 21469 -bg: Command not found. What should i do? Can u help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing text color in existing xterm or dtterm

On solaris and irix systems, I'm using csh in an existing xterm or dterm and would like to change the text colors. How do I accomplish this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fjc
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'export TERM=xterm-color' pretty much screws up clear command

I like using VIM with color tagging (using putty to SunOS). However, when I do an "export TERM=xterm-color", I can't make use of the clear command. Clear just has the same effect as pressing enter now. How can I fix this? Also, does anyone know how to get the directories and file colors... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bringing an Xterm window to top

Hi, Is there a way to configure a Linux machine so that I can click on any where on the Xterm window to bring it to the front/top. By default, I have to click on the title bar but often the entire title bar is underneath another window. Thanks in advance! PS. GNU/Linux (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pidge66
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to set xterm for Window Titls for PuTTy

Hi, I still cant find step by step manual how to make my putty display let say PWD in its title, read about some xterm, but where it is? Can anybody help me with this. Thx M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm window,should not prompt for a password?

Hi all, I have a script that opens a xterm window and will prompt for a password. My intention is, instead of waiting for a password it should get the password from a file. How can I make this happen.?:confused: Any help much appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
GLDRAWBUFFER(3G)														  GLDRAWBUFFER(3G)

NAME
glDrawBuffer - specify which color buffers are to be drawn into C SPECIFICATION
void glDrawBuffer( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies up to four color buffers to be drawn into. Symbolic constants GL_NONE, GL_FRONT_LEFT, GL_FRONT_RIGHT, GL_BACK_LEFT, GL_BACK_RIGHT, GL_FRONT, GL_BACK, GL_LEFT, GL_RIGHT, GL_FRONT_AND_BACK, and GL_AUXi, where i is between 0 and ``GL_AUX_BUFFERS'' -1, are accepted (GL_AUX_BUFFERS is not the upper limit; use glGet to query the number of available aux buffers.) The initial value is GL_FRONT for single-buffered contexts, and GL_BACK for double-buffered contexts. DESCRIPTION
When colors are written to the frame buffer, they are written into the color buffers specified by glDrawBuffer. The specifications are as follows: GL_NONE No color buffers are written. GL_FRONT_LEFT Only the front left color buffer is written. GL_FRONT_RIGHT Only the front right color buffer is written. GL_BACK_LEFT Only the back left color buffer is written. GL_BACK_RIGHT Only the back right color buffer is written. GL_FRONT Only the front left and front right color buffers are written. If there is no front right color buffer, only the front left color buffer is written. GL_BACK Only the back left and back right color buffers are written. If there is no back right color buffer, only the back left color buffer is written. GL_LEFT Only the front left and back left color buffers are written. If there is no back left color buffer, only the front left color buffer is written. GL_RIGHT Only the front right and back right color buffers are written. If there is no back right color buffer, only the front right color buffer is written. GL_FRONT_AND_BACK All the front and back color buffers (front left, front right, back left, back right) are written. If there are no back color buffers, only the front left and front right color buffers are written. If there are no right color buffers, only the front left and back left color buffers are written. If there are no right or back color buf- fers, only the front left color buffer is written. GL_AUXi Only auxiliary color buffer i is written. If more than one color buffer is selected for drawing, then blending or logical operations are computed and applied independently for each color buffer and can produce different results in each buffer. Monoscopic contexts include only left buffers, and stereoscopic contexts include both left and right buffers. Likewise, single-buffered contexts include only front buffers, and double-buffered contexts include both front and back buffers. The context is selected at GL ini- tialization. NOTES
It is always the case that GL_AUXi = GL_AUX0 + i. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if none of the buffers indicated by mode exists. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glDrawBuffer is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_DRAW_BUFFER glGet with argument GL_AUX_BUFFERS SEE ALSO
glBlendFunc(3G), glColorMask(3G), glIndexMask(3G), glLogicOp(3G), glReadBuffer(3G) GLDRAWBUFFER(3G)