Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup of Product Database
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backup of Product Database Post 73819 by Student37 on Sunday 5th of June 2005 04:16:32 PM
Old 06-05-2005
;-) over all heads looks like...
i removed it from odm ....what i was asking was what is Prod database.....I fugured it out..
thnx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MYSQL command to take a backup of the database in Redhat linux 7.2

I am new to mysql database , we have a mysql database running on linux , and we use mysql database for bugzilla, so we wanted to take a backup . what is the command for taking the entire database backup from the command prompt with all options. Thanks in advance Bache Gowda (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas DataBase Backup

hi , we have a monthly policy for database backups . the database is a huge one about 200 GB in size and every month , we shut down the database and take a full system backup . my question is : Is there a way to know that i have taken a valid backup, I need to do something like a test restore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with Database backup

Hi! This is my first post and im not that familiar with UNIX but I'll try to explain my problem.. I have a server here at work running Open UNIX Release 8.0.0 It has a special application on it that I'm trying to run a database backup on. For the last 2 weeks this has failed.. Usually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TaZ
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create database using Backup file

Hi, I have backup file of database in my server. I want to create a that database in the same Mysql Server. How can I do that? Please send the steps to create the database using backup file? Thanks a lot, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for backup database

Hello sir, i have used this for taking the database backup 5 * * * * \usr\bin\sh\mysqldump -h localhost -u username-ppassword cms> /home/dbbackup.sql. but it creates a zero size database and in mail it gives error like command not found. Please Help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niva
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with database backup script

Hi, i am very new with linux shell script. my colleague gave a portion of this script, it backups all of your database and there is a option that selects a database that u do not want to include in your backup. what i want is the other way around, i want to select the databases that i only want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makoyski
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with backup and copy a database

Hi, I have many servers distributed on my customer locations all servers has MYSQL database. I want to backup database for each server on server at my location using scheduler. So I create Shell script file to backup and copy the database file from customer server to my server as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsbas
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cold Backup of Oracle database.

Hi i need a command to cut the last column from the location in a file and want write a gzip command like cat a.txt /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/system01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/sysaux01.dbf /data01/oracle/oradata/vas/data/undotbs01.dbf... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
3 Replies
DROP 
OWNED(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP OWNED(7) NAME
DROP_OWNED - remove database objects owned by a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP OWNED BY name [, ...] [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP OWNED drops all the objects within the current database that are owned by one of the specified roles. Any privileges granted to the given roles on objects in the current database and on shared objects (databases, tablespaces) will also be revoked. PARAMETERS
name The name of a role whose objects will be dropped, and whose privileges will be revoked. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the affected objects. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the objects owned by a role if any other database objects depend on one of the affected objects. This is the default. NOTES
DROP OWNED is often used to prepare for the removal of one or more roles. Because DROP OWNED only affects the objects in the current database, it is usually necessary to execute this command in each database that contains objects owned by a role that is to be removed. Using the CASCADE option might make the command recurse to objects owned by other users. The REASSIGN OWNED (REASSIGN_OWNED(7)) command is an alternative that reassigns the ownership of all the database objects owned by one or more roles. Databases and tablespaces owned by the role(s) will not be removed. COMPATIBILITY
The DROP OWNED statement is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
REASSIGN OWNED (REASSIGN_OWNED(7)), DROP ROLE (DROP_ROLE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP OWNED(7)