Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command line traversal
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command line traversal Post 73708 by yankee428 on Friday 3rd of June 2005 11:26:31 AM
Old 06-03-2005
this works great in ksh, but in csh it is not working.

i used setenv -o vi, which is ok, but then when I use esc on the command line i get ^[

any ideas?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating breadth traversal binary tree

I almost have the entire script written. however the problem is how would i assign the global variable to terminate the process from the bottom up to ensure the child terminates so the parent can. ex. I am proccess 1 I am proccess 2 etc Here is the code $ cat tree.c ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slurpeyatari
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need help in file traversal via FTS(3)

Hi friends, I was trying to traverse a file using FTS(3) . this is the code below.. but I am getting segmentation error in the line fts_read(...) , anybody have any idea , why it is? Please, help me. Thanks in advance.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK File Traversal

Hey, I'm working on a file traversal and extraction function and am having problems. So, my script is finding all files in a directory. Each file has the same format. I need to extract a field from the 4th line of each file..... hence why I am using the substring on NR == 4. So, I am... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beefeater267
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file traversal

Hi, I have to get some value of the from a flat file and my file format is like this. ABC DEF HIJ=1 XYZ xyz HIJ=2 So i need to make sure i get all the value of HIJ under XYZ and not ABC. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidhink
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies