Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: number pad?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers number pad? Post 7354 by nelsonenzo on Tuesday 25th of September 2001 11:55:52 AM
Old 09-25-2001
Question number pad?

Is there anyway to use the fr*$%& number pad in VI?
Anyway? Anyway at all?
All it does now random movements and inserts of characters

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pad spaces

Hello, I have to write a function to input a Label and a number, and output a line as the following format: Column 1 to 30: field label, left justified. Column 31 to 45: A number, right justified. The middle is padded with space. May I know how can I achieve this? (I don't know how to count... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarahho
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

HPUX 10.2 number pad

I have a keyboard that the number pad will not work. I cannot find the location of the configuration file to get it to work. I have to say, I have not tried another keyboard as my location is remote. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esimeroth
0 Replies

3. Solaris

number pad in vi

Hi, I'm on a sunos SVR4.0 box, my number pad works on the command line but does not work in vi any ideas how to enable it under vi? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pad zeros to a number

Pad zeros to a number and assign it to a variable like i get 1 in $i ,i want it to be $i as 01 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pad

Hi All I need a pad a . to befoure a last digi ex 1258 --> 125.8 help to do thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalakaatslt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pad 0 to the right

I need to pad 0 to a number on the right. to make it 9 digit in total. My number is 2457 output should be 245700000 Please do wrap your samples/codes into CODE TAGS as per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun22486
3 Replies
rand(3C)																  rand(3C)

NAME
rand(), rand_r(), srand() - simple random-number generator SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
uses a multiplicative, congruential, random-number generator with period 2^32 that returns successive pseudo-random numbers in the range from 0 to 2^15-1. can be called at any time to reset the random-number generator to a random starting point. The generator is initially seeded with a value of 1. returns a random number at the address pointed to by the randval parameter. The seed parameter can be set at any time to start the random- number generator at an arbitrary point. Note The spectral properties of leave a great deal to be desired. provides a much better, though more elaborate, random-number generator (see drand48(3C)). RETURN VALUE
If seed or randval is NULL, returns 0. Otherwise, returns a psuedo-random integer. EXAMPLES
The following: int x, y; srand(10); x = rand(); y = rand(); would produce the same results as: int x, y, s = 10; x=rand_r(&s); y=rand_r(&s); WARNINGS
Users of should note that rand_r() now conforms with POSIX.1c. The old prototype of is supported for compatibility with existing DCE applications only. SEE ALSO
drand48(3C), random(3M), thread_safety(5), random(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
rand(3C)