Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: my ctrl+c doesn't work
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers my ctrl+c doesn't work Post 73480 by bhargav on Wednesday 1st of June 2005 09:12:52 PM
Old 06-01-2005
Code:
$ stty -isig
$ ^C
/bin/ksh: ^C:  not found.
$ stty isig
$ 
$ stty -isig
$ ^C
/bin/ksh: ^C:  not found.
$ stty isig 
$ 
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL/C does not work

Hi My CTRL/C does not work thought the STTY setting looks Ok Appreciate your assistance $stty -a speed 38400 baud; rows = 24; columns = 80; ypixels = 0; xpixels = 0; eucw 1:0:0:0, scrw 1:0:0:0 intr = ^c; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^u; eof = ^d; eol = <undef>; eol2 = <undef>;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ctrl-o in bash on os X leopard -- how does it work exactly?

I'm going through "learning the bash shell" by newham and rosenblatt. I'm trying to ctro-O to execute and then go on to the next command in the history list, ctrl-o again, etc. (I'm just trying to get a feel for it in case I want to use it). But ctrl-o does nothing. Can someone help me out as to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-enter doesn't work when running Midnight Commander in xterm

When running MC in xterm or gnome-terminal, it doesn't seem to allow the use of Ctrl-enter and Ctr-shift-enter to copy marked files to the command line. Does anyone know of another way to cause this to happen or a way to enable it under xterm/gnome-term? With thanks, Narnie (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

7. Solaris

There is gcc but doesn't work !!

gcc packages are installed as is seen. # pkginfo | grep -i gcc system SUNWgcc gcc - The GNU C compiler system SUNWgccruntime GCC Runtime libraries # There is gcc in /usr/sfw/bin but It doesn't work. # gcc bash: gcc: command not found... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
sim(5)								File Formats Manual							    sim(5)

NAME
sim, SIM - Software phrase input method DESCRIPTION
The phrase input method is an input method that is commonly used in a Chinese environment. The software phrase input method (SIM) is a a mechanism supported by the Asian tty driver, atty and the simd daemon through the utx facility (see atty(7), simd(8), and utx(7)). The stty command activates the software phrase input method, while the phrase utility creates and manages the phrase database (see stty(1) and phrase(1)). Changes to the phrase database may not be reflected in SIM sessions that were started before the changes were made. Therefore, users have to stop and then restart SIM sessions using the stty command to have access to the changed phrase database. SEE ALSO
Commands: phrase(1), stty(1), simd(8), utxd(8) Files: atty(7), utx(7) sim(5)