Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Active Directory and UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Active Directory and UNIX Post 73478 by Neo on Wednesday 1st of June 2005 08:16:56 PM
Old 06-01-2005
Quote:
Users on the Unix servers are experiencing slowness and sometimes their processes "appear" to get hung momentarily....
You will need to explain what, exactly, users were "doing" when "hung" in order to respond to this question.

Were they "logging in?"

Were they "compiling a program?"

Were they "using the net?" If so, what were they doing?

Etc.

Neo

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix and active directory

Hi Does anybody know the steps and requirements of the installation process of Windows Active Directory using Unix/Linux Bind DNS. I will appreciate if somebody gives the answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darwin Rodrigue
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP request from unix into Active Directory

Hi all, I experienced a problem when making a LDAP search from Unix Netscape or Unix Mozilla adressbooks into my Active Directory LDAP db for email addresses. I add my Domain Controller hostname and the LDAP root dir to search in. For example: Name: AD LDAP server: gullvi Search Root:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Similiar to active directory in Unix?

Hi all, If Windows server have an active directory and active folder/mapping(maybe in unix NFS). Is there any similiar fuctions in unix. Actually if we have a hundred client in unix/linux with unix server, I want to manage user client and access control easier as in windows. Thank you in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP from Unix to Active Directory Server

Automated Unix to Windows Active Directory FTP I have done many automated FTP scripts using the following logic: =============================== echo "Starting the FTP transfer..." { echo " open 192.168.1.100 user username password ascii put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cbish68
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Integrating unix with Active Directory

Hey guys. Maybe this should go in Security, I'm not sure... At my work we make websites. Our development servers for these websites are run on a central Debian linux server which we can SSH into, which also contains all the files for these websites. These files are served to the entire... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nottrobin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Script to query Active Directory: give cn (NT login name) and receive mail (Email address)

Hi folks I need to write UNIX script (with ldapsearch) to query Active Directory. Input is NT login name and output is Email address. Attached a screenshot of Sysinternals "AD Explorer". I need to do the same in CLI. http://i.imgur.com/4s6FB.png I am absolute LDAP/ldapsearch noob. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
0 Replies

7. Solaris

active directory equivalent for unix

At the moment we are integrating LDAP in our environment. Compared to Windows this process is much complicated and time consuming. With Windows you had Active Directory and if you create a new server, you just add it to the domain and your finished. Yes, I know Unix is not Windows. Are there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Authenticating UNIX (Solaris 11) to Windows 2012R2 / Active Directory

Gentleman, i am trying to setup Authentication for my Solaris 11 Server through Active Directory (Server 2012 R2). At least some things are already working, for example a getent passwd mydomainuser and ldapsearch command comes back with a correct result. So not everything i did was wrong. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)