Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Disable printing control file Post 73471 by Just Ice on Wednesday 1st of June 2005 04:19:03 PM
Old 06-01-2005
check the banner settings on the printer itself ... most hp printers have banner enabled by default ... i have also seen them on lexmarks ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing control characters

using c-shell, does anyone know how to send control characters to the printer before the job? I need to set a printer to print in condensed mode HELP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglinsk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing to Windows and maintaining control

I'm new at the entire spectrum of printing in Unix, and especially when--as I understand it--the printers are on a Windows server. At work we have a variety of printers and printing from Windows, or from Unix via lp or lpr works fine. The initial problem: Our users will be printing up to 20... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: effigy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modification in configuration file to disable a particular user

Please anyone can tell me what is the procedure to perform the required modifications in configuration files to disable a particular user??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debjyotidas007
3 Replies

4. AIX

Disable Banner Printing AIX ?

Can someone help me disable the banner printing in AIX 6 I am using HPjetDirect Drivers. SO whenever i print anything from Oracle application, a banner is printed. like the one below ######### User: alices@hostname ##### Title: /etc/release ##### Date: Fri 17:23 Mar 27, 2009 ##### ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to disable and enable <control>-c or -z in a shell script

Dear all, good day. i'm asking about how to disable <control>-c or <control>-z in the beginning of a shell script then enable it again before the script exit Best Regards ---------- Post updated at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:18 AM ---------- Dear All i found the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam.said
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CUPS printing and control escape codes

I ported application from SysV to Linux and run into troubles with printing. Application uses lp and HP JetDirect-based printers, it inserts HP control codes in the file and uses plain lp -d dest doc-file command to print it. The Linux (Ubuntu 8) has CUPS system, which I am not familiar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
0 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

OID to disable/enable printing

Hi @ all, we are a non-profit educational organisation. Now my company wants to disable printers, when a room is not used. I do a lot monitoring, using snmp. So I had the idea of disabling and enabling the printers by using snmp. After searching for hours, I only found some status-objects (ro)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karls0
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer printing control codes

Solaris 10: Having some trouble with a new printer printing control codes. This is an HP MFP M632. Tried a few ppd files and without a ppd file using commands similar to the follow: lpadmin -p L4102A -v /dev/null -m netstandard -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kuliksco
1 Replies
enable(1)							   User Commands							 enable(1)

NAME
enable, disable - enable/disable LP printers SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/enable printer... /usr/bin/disable [-c | -W] [ -r [reason]] printer... DESCRIPTION
The enable command activates printers, enabling them to print requests submitted by the lp command. enable must be run on the printer server. The disable command deactivates printers, disabling them from printing requests submitted by the lp command. By default, any requests that are currently printing on printer will be reprinted in their entirety either on printer or another member of the same class of printers. The disable command must be run on the print server. Use lpstat -p to check the status of printers. enable and disable only effect queueing on the print server's spooling system. Executing these commands from a client system will have no effect on the server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported for use with disable: -c Cancels any requests that are currently printing on printer. This option cannot be used with the -W option. If the printer is remote, the -c option will be silently ignored. -W Waits until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote, the -W option will be silently ignored. -r [reason] Assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s). This reason applies to all printers specified. This reason is reported by lpstat -p. Enclose reason in quotes if it contains blanks. The default reason is "unknown reason" for the existing printer, and "new printer" for a printer added to the system but not yet enabled. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported for both enable and disable: printer The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled. Specify printer using atomic name. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/var/spool/lp/* LP print queue. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lp(1), lpstat(1), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 enable(1)