Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Testing ssh connection from KSH script Post 73392 by tom_xx_hu@yahoo on Tuesday 31st of May 2005 11:00:54 PM
Old 06-01-2005
It seems to me different issues Dylan and Bakunin are talking about.

Dylan's concern is how to verify the remote service (sshd, specifically) is alive before trying to request the service. This can be done by Nagios script, check_ssh.

Bakunin's question is more complicated. You may need google "sshd key without password host authentication". There are hundreds of postings/docs explaining this.

Cheers,
Tom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection script

Hi all, I'm writing a script that chooses the best computer available in an open lab. The script works great except every now and then there is a dead computer in the lab that begins the ssh handshaking, but freezes after the following: debug1: Offering public key: When the script happens... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x-375HK-x
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing success of AWK code in KSH script

I need a bit of help here on something simple. I have a KSH script (must be KSH) that needs to change 2 positional variables in a CSV script. The CSV script looks like this: 00001,010109,01/01/2009 00:01:01 00008,090509,09/05/2009 13:47:26 My AWK script will change $2 and $3 based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kretara
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing connection with a script

I have a box that has to start dhcpd when a certain connection is down and stop the dhcpd when the connection is up again. I would appriciate any help making this script: From server A: ping server B if connection is ok then do nothing if connection is not ok then start dhcpd until... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KimJensen
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql command after a SSH connection (Script)

Hi all, Im new at scripting and i need to run a few commands at work every hours so i decide to make a script but on 1 of the steps i have a the follwoing problem: The command i do is this: #!/bin/bash ssh root@asdasd001 'mysql -h A-db-1 -uroot -password --execute "show slave status"'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparicio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing postgres connection in shell script

I have a script that does db query in postgres. I'm trying to put in some error checking in the script. I keep running into the password prompt problem where when invalid credentials/or database is put it, it would prompt me for a password which hangs the script. Is there a way that I can check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing password in script for ssh connection - no except

Used the script posted on forum - unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/21597-script-change-passwords-same-user-multiple-servers.html but the last question posted on this seems to be still unanswered, tried different things with no success, can someone help giving an way to pass the password via... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapadmin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection through shell script with no interruption

Hi all, I need ssh in shell script. My requirement is: - Take user_name and password from user (in PHP) - Pass this to shell script which will: - connect via ssh - Run sql query - Pass the results back in PHP - Put the results to website. I know PHP has libraries for ssh and ftp, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftps connection by ksh script

Hi, I'm trying to access to FTP SERVER over SSL with this script unix : (credentials are correct) #!/usr/bin/ksh USER="test" PASSWORD="pwdtest" IP="**.***.*.***" ftp -s $IP 990 << EOF >>log_ftp user $USER $PASSWORD bin passive EOF but seems that credentials are not passed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nash83
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)						File Formats Manual						 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)

NAME
system-auth-ac, password-auth-ac, smartcard-auth-ac, fingerprint-auth-ac, postlogin-ac - Common configuration files for PAMified services written by authconfig(8) SYNOPSIS
/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this configuration file is to provide common configuration file for all applications and service daemons calling PAM library. The system-auth configuration file is included from all individual service configuration files with the help of the include directive. When authconfig(8) writes the system PAM configuration file it replaces the default system-auth file with a symlink pointing to system-auth-ac and writes the configuration to this file. The symlink is not changed on subsequent configuration changes even if it points elsewhere. This allows system administrators to override the configuration written by authconfig. The authconfig now writes the authentication modules also into additional PAM configuration files /etc/pam.d/password-auth-ac, /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth-ac, and /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth-ac. These configuration files contain only modules which perform authentica- tion with the respective kinds of authentication tokens. For example /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_unix and pam_ldap modules and /etc/pam.d/password-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_pkcs11 and pam_fprintd modules. The file /etc/pam.d/postlogin-ac contains common services to be invoked after login. An example can be a module that encrypts an user's filesystem or user's keyring and is decrypted by his password. The PAM configuration files of services which are accessed by remote connections such as sshd or ftpd now include the /etc/pam.d/password- auth configuration file instead of /etc/pam.d/system-auth. EXAMPLE
Configure system to use pam_tally2 for configuration of maximum number of failed logins. Also call pam_access to verify if access is allowed. Make system-auth symlink point to system-auth-local which contains: auth requisite pam_access.so auth requisite pam_tally2.so deny=3 lock_time=30 unlock_time=3600 auth include system-auth-ac account required pam_tally2.so account include system-auth-ac password include system-auth-ac session include system-auth-ac BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
authconfig(8), authconfig-gtk(8), pam(8), system-auth(5) Red Hat, Inc. 2010 March 31 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)