Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sendmail help on RH 9 - going out but NOT coming in.. Post 73369 by angelohl on Tuesday 31st of May 2005 01:40:27 PM
Old 05-31-2005
Sendmail help on RH 9 - going out but NOT coming in..

Is there not one of us who can help here?? I'm really letting down my
pants here - not sure what's going on but if you could foreward this
link to a group you may know I would greatly appreciate it. I'm getting this error:

May 30 22:18:35 MYSERVERNAME sendmail[15551]: j4V2HWka015549:
to=<angelo.lagos@mydomainname.com>, delay=00:01:02, xdelay=00:01:00, mailer=esmtp,
pri=30329, relay=mydomainname.com. [xx.xx.xx.xx], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred:
Connection timed out with mydomainname.com.

And, the exact configuration setup I have (in vivid detail) is here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/redh.../msg00216.html, so
they can take a peek at it and tell me at least if the configuration
looks correct - I may know the problem (the IP address my
firewall/router is coming from may not be a static and DNS is
reporting it that way - from a Comcast address pool) - but, not being
a Sendmail guru, I don't know - right now I just need to know if mail
appears to be setup correctly....Thanks in advance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Partial Request are coming... please help

Hi All, We are having the system, where we are using the socket programming (TCP/IP), a system called plugin playing a role in between two system, where its getting the request from system1 and its processing it and re-directing the request after its validation, to system2. Normally,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa.chidhambaram
0 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

syslog not coming up

Hi All, I have a whole root zone, tsesbd02-zesbx01. On this zone, syslog service is not coming up. While it is working good on Global zone. Below are commands from tsesbd02-zesbx01 root@tsesbd02-zesbx01:/# svcs -a svc:/system/system-log:default svcs: -a ignored when used with arguments.... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

coming out from vi editior

Hi Folks, I have opened a log file through Vi editor in putty itself and I was searching for a pattern in logs , let say 'ABCD' /abcd then I want to come out from vi editor, Please advise what is the command to come out from unix editor..! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not coming as desired.

Hi guys. I have a file containing some hosts and their IPs. host host1 192.168.2.10 host host2 192.168.2.11 host host3 192.168.2.12 I am writing a script where I want to print these values in 1 line. My script looks like RUNTIME_NODE=`cat hosts.properties | grep host` for i in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Notifications not coming through

Issue: I'm not receiving notifications I can succesfully receive an e-mail if I do this on the command line: /usr/bin/mail -s "NAGIOS HOST ALERT on $HOSTNAME$" rgouette@butlerbros.com but, my command.cfg configuration below, refuses to send an e-mail when I set a service to a critical... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rgouette
3 Replies
mailstats(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      mailstats(8)

NAME
mailstats - Displays statistics about mail traffic SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-o] [-C cffile [-f stfile] FLAGS
Do not display the name of the mailer in the output. Use cffile as the name of the sendmail "cf" file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/send- mail.cf. Use stfile as the input statistics file instead of /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. DESCRIPTION
The mailstats command reads the information in the /var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st file (or in the file specified with the -f flag), formats it, and writes it to standard output. Note also that you can change the location of the sendmail.st file by editing its pathname in the sendmail.cf file. EXAMPLES
The format of the information is shown in the following example, in which the first field (M) contains a number that indicates the position of that mailer in the sendmail.cf file, starting at 0 (zero). For example, the first mailer in the sendmail.cf file corresponds to the number 0 in the mailstats display, the second mailer corresponds to the number 1, and so on. Statistics from Thu Feb 17 11:20:01 2000 M msgsfr bytes_from msgsto bytes_to msgsrej msgsdis Mailer 1 50 77K 1 3K 0 0 local 6 43 59K 58 99K 0 0 smtp ============================================================ T 93 136K 59 102K 0 0 The fields in the report have the following meanings: Indicates the position of the mailer in the sendmail.cf file. Indicates the number of messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages received by the local machine from the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of bytes in the messages sent from the local machine using the indicated mailer. Indicates the number of rejected messages. Indicates the number of discarded messages. Indicates the name of the mailer. If sendmail transmits mail directly to a file, such as the dead.letter file or an alias target, the message and byte counts are credited to the prog mailer, as defined in the sendmail.cf file. However, mailstats will still default to var/adm/sendmail/sendmail.st. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains system statistics Contains configuration information for sendmail RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: sendmail(8) delim off mailstats(8)