Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A records
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A records Post 7334 by Deuce on Tuesday 25th of September 2001 10:04:36 AM
Old 09-25-2001
A records

I got a domian set up with Solaris on an Intel platform. Where do I go to set up the A records so I can join my other two computers to the domain?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Records

Hello there, I am having a script file running on unix solaris server, this script file is designed to calculate the records of a chosen day. The output will be saved to another file in the form of two columns, as an example, the output may look like: Account Name Records Account1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use records from one file to delete records in another file

file_in_1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 file_in_2: 9 10 11 12 21 22 23 24 1 2 3 4 17 18 19 20 file_out: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get certain records

Hi.. I am new to Unix and trying to learn. I have a small doubt like if we can use logical operators in searching. My problem is I have a file which has name , roll no and percentage and I need to get the records of the students whose percentage is below certain value and then sort them by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiragandham
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split records into multiple records

Hi All, I am trying to split a record into multiple records based on a value. Input.txt "A",1,0,10 "B",2,0,10,15,20 "C",3,11,14,16,19,21,23 "D",1,0,5 My desired output is: "A",1,0,10 "B",2,0,10 "B",2,15,20 "C",3,11,14 "C",3,16,19 "C",3,21,23 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate records from file 1 if records from file 2 match

I have 2 files "File 1" is delimited by ";" and "File 2" is delimited by "|". File 1 below (3 record shown): Doc1;03/01/2012;New York;6 Main Street;Mr. Smith 1;Mr. Jones Doc2;03/01/2012;Syracuse;876 Broadway;John Davis;Barbara Lull Doc3;03/01/2012;Buffalo;779 Old Windy Road;Charles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate records of a file on 2 types of records

Hi I am new to shell programming in unix Please if I can provide help. I have a file structure of a header record and "N" detail records. The header record will be the total number of detail records I need to split the file in 2: One for the header Another for all detail records Could... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamcogar
1 Replies
sckmd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 sckmd(1M)

NAME
sckmd - Sun cryptographic key management daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/sun4u/lib/sckmd DESCRIPTION
sckmd is a server process that resides on a high-end system domain to maintain the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) Security Associations (SAs) needed to secure communications between a Service Processor or System Controller (SC) and platform management software running within a domain. The cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M) daemons use these Security Associations. See ipsec(7P) for a description of Security Associations. The sckmd daemon receives SAs from the Service Processor or SC and installs these SAs in a domain's Security Association Database (SADB) using pf_key(7P). sckmd starts up at system boot time as an SMF service. The FMRI for the sckmd service is: svc:/platform/sun4u/sckmd:default A domain supports only one running sckmd process at a time. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsckmx.u, SUNWsckmu.u, SUNWsckmr | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cvcd(1M), dcs(1M), ipsecconf(1M), ipsecalgs(1M), attributes(5), ipsec(7P), ipsecah(7P), ipsecesp(7P), pf_key(7P) NOTES
The sckmd service is used only on Sun Fire high-end systems and the SPARC Enterprise Server family. It provides a mechanism for exchanging IPsec keys between a domain and its System Controller (SC) or Service Processor. These platforms use IPsec to secure the communications between the SC or Service Processor and certain platform-specific daemons in the domain. Such daemons currently include cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M). The documentation for each platform that supports sckmd describes how to configure its use of IPsec for such communications. Also, the doc- umentation for each specific application describes how to configure its security policies and IPsec options in a manner appropriate for the target platform. Refer to the platform- and application-specific documentation for detailed information. SunOS 5.11 25 Apr 2006 sckmd(1M)