Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: running yast
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers running yast Post 73339 by woofie on Tuesday 31st of May 2005 09:37:37 AM
Old 05-31-2005
Try downloading a RPM for RedHat not SuSe.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent job1 from running while job2 is running..

Hi, Please I need your expert advise on how to prevent/lock from execution job1 while job2 is still running in Unix... THanks:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikang
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

4. SuSE

YaST no longer works on SLES 10

YaST no longer works on one of our SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, When I issue “Yast” I get the following error messages "warning: the ncurses frontend is installed but does not work" "You need to install yast2-ncurses to use the YaST2 text mode interface" Can you help? please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

5. Linux

installing phpmyadmin with yast

Hi, I'm install LAMP on a OpenSUSE 11.1 box for the first time. I can get all the packages to work/install apart from phpMyAdmin. When I try to install that I get the below. From command line; yast2 –i phpMyAdmin This opens 'Starting the software manager' and goes through downloading... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Total Running Wild

Hi. A shell scripting newbie here. I am trying to write a script that will create a running total of Sales, and increment a counter for each Sales entry, but when I executed the program it never stopped. counter=0 Sales=0 echo "enter sales price" read sales while do let counter=counter+1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop not running

echo "The recreate was successfully completed for device file $LCL_CLN_FILE." >> $LOG_FILE remaining=$(symclone -sid $LCL_SID -f $ETC/$LCL_CLN_FILE query | grep MB | awk '{print $2}') if then while do echo "$remaining MB's to be copied........." >> $LOG_FILE ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes?

Hi, I have a script which does couple of database connection and run some SELECT queries to get some output in the file. I am surprised to see :eek: that when i run my script some times it gives the desired out put and sometimes it shows some error :confused: . Suppose if i execute it say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
3 Replies
yumdownloader(1)														  yumdownloader(1)

NAME
yumdownloader - download RPM packages from Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
yumdownloader [options] package1 [package2...] DESCRIPTION
yumdownloader is a program for downloading RPMs from Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. --destdir DIR Specify a destination directory for the download. Defaults to the current directory. --urls Instead of downloading RPMs, list the URLs that would be downloaded. --resolve When downloading RPMs, resolve dependencies and also download the required packages. --source Instead of downloading the binary RPMs, download the source RPMs. --archlist=ARCH1[,ARCH2...] Limit the query to packages of given architecture(s). Valid values are all architectures known to rpm/yum such as 'i386' and 'src' for source RPMS. Note that repoquery will now change yum's "arch" to the first value in the archlist. So "--archlist=i386,i686" will change yum's canonical arch to i386, but allow packages of i386 and i686. ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
Yumdownloader inherits all other options from yum. See the yum(8) man page for more information EXAMPLES
Download the kernel RPM to /var/tmp: yumdownloader --destdir /var/tmp kernel List the URL for the kernel and kernel-smp RPMs: yumdownloader --urls kernel kernel-smp FILES
As yumdownloader uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Gijs Hollestelle 28 November 2005 yumdownloader(1)