Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: running yast
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers running yast Post 73333 by sysera on Tuesday 31st of May 2005 08:53:09 AM
Old 05-31-2005
Yast is a Suse only command. Try running redhat-config-display instead.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent job1 from running while job2 is running..

Hi, Please I need your expert advise on how to prevent/lock from execution job1 while job2 is still running in Unix... THanks:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikang
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

4. SuSE

YaST no longer works on SLES 10

YaST no longer works on one of our SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, When I issue “Yast” I get the following error messages "warning: the ncurses frontend is installed but does not work" "You need to install yast2-ncurses to use the YaST2 text mode interface" Can you help? please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

5. Linux

installing phpmyadmin with yast

Hi, I'm install LAMP on a OpenSUSE 11.1 box for the first time. I can get all the packages to work/install apart from phpMyAdmin. When I try to install that I get the below. From command line; yast2 –i phpMyAdmin This opens 'Starting the software manager' and goes through downloading... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Total Running Wild

Hi. A shell scripting newbie here. I am trying to write a script that will create a running total of Sales, and increment a counter for each Sales entry, but when I executed the program it never stopped. counter=0 Sales=0 echo "enter sales price" read sales while do let counter=counter+1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job running for some days and is not running for some days

Hi.. i have written a shell script and made this script to run on every day night 11: 55 pm using a cron job. This cron job running for some days and is not running for some day. but i need this script to run every day night. Please help me. Here is the cron tab entries, 55 23 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop not running

echo "The recreate was successfully completed for device file $LCL_CLN_FILE." >> $LOG_FILE remaining=$(symclone -sid $LCL_SID -f $ETC/$LCL_CLN_FILE query | grep MB | awk '{print $2}') if then while do echo "$remaining MB's to be copied........." >> $LOG_FILE ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes?

Hi, I have a script which does couple of database connection and run some SELECT queries to get some output in the file. I am surprised to see :eek: that when i run my script some times it gives the desired out put and sometimes it shows some error :confused: . Suppose if i execute it say... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
3 Replies
DEFAULTDOMAIN(5)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						  DEFAULTDOMAIN(5)

NAME
defaultdomain - file which contains the NIS/YP domain name DESCRIPTION
/etc/defaultdomain is used by the boot scripts to set the NIS/YP domain name for a system as returned by the getdomainname(2) function. The file contains one line with the name of the domain. Unlike DNS hostnames and domain names, the NIS domain name is case-sensitive! The NIS domain name must not be the same as the DNS domain name, but for some services like NIS+ it should be the same. Even if the domain name is often called NIS/YP domain name, it is also used from other protocols, not only NIS/YP. FILES
/etc/defaultdomain /etc/init.d/boot.localnet SEE ALSO
domainname(1), init.d(7), init(8), nisdomainname(1), ypdomainname(1), ypbind(8), ypserv(8), ypwhich(1) COPYRIGHT
2002 SuSE Linux AG Nuernberg, Germany. SuSE Linux 2002-01-16 DEFAULTDOMAIN(5)