Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming getting file words as pattern matching Post 73250 by blowtorch on Monday 30th of May 2005 09:47:26 AM
Old 05-30-2005
are you sure that you are going to be using C programming to match the usernames? I think shell scripting will be so much easier... You can use grep/awk to match for usernames and mail ids.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching for file

Hi All, I'm new to perl, My requirement is to check if particular file exists. e.g. filename.txt, filename1.txt, filename2.txt etc I tried the below code:- my $var1 = "filename.txt" if ( -e ($var1 = ~ /file\w/)) { print "File found \n"; } else { print "File not found \n"; } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: doitnow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to from grep command from a file which contains matching words?

Hi all I have a file with below content (content is variable whenever new product is launched). I need form a grep command like this egrep "Unknown product|Invalid symboland so on" How to do it using a script? Unknown product Invalid symbol No ILX exch found exceeds maximum size AFX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

3. Programming

File Pattern Matching C++

Hi, I have large files with fixed length fields or fields seperated by delimeter. I would like to do validation on some or all fields to check for numeric or date or characters etc.. I would like to write this in C++. Please let me know if any one have any ideas on this. Thanks for all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshmelam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching words in a file containing a pattern

Hi all, I would like to print words in a file seperated by whitespaces containing a specific pattern like "=" e.g. I have a file1 containing strings like %cat file1 The= some= in wish= born <eof> .I want to display only those words containing = i.e The= , some=,wish= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree_123
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim help - delete words in a file or characters after pattern

I have a file with words that begin with character #. Whenver that character is found that word should be deleted throughout the file. How do I do that in VIM. e.g: afkajfa ladfa ljafa #222222 kjafad ljl afajkj kjlj uouu #44444 jlkj lkjl Output should be afkajfa ladfa ljafa kjafad... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osbourneric
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get matching string pattern from a file

Hi, file -> temp.txt cat temp.txt /home/pradeep/123/a_asp.html /home/pradeep/123/a_asp1.html /home/pradeep/435/a_asp2.html /home/pradeep/arun/abc/a_dfr.html /home/pradeep/arun/123/a_kir.html /home/pradeep/123/arun/a_dir.html .... .... .. i need to get a_*.html(bolded strings... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all matching words in text according to pattern

Hello dear Unix shell professionals, I am desperately trying to get a seemingly simple logic to work. I need to extract words from a text line and save them in an array. The text can look anything like that: aaaaaaa${important}xxxxxxxx${important2}ooooooo${importantstring3}...I am handicapped... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grünspanix
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys.. I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_' For example, ABC.txt ---- INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B WHERE A.FI=B.EI; COMMIT; Output : ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace matching words defined in one file on another file?

I have file1 and file2 as shown below, file1: ((org14/1-131541:0.11535,((org29/1-131541:0.00055,org7/1-131541:0.00055)1.000:0.10112,((org17/1-131541:0.07344,(org23/1-131541:0.07426,((org10/1-131541:0.00201,org22/1-131541:0.00243)1.000:0.02451, file2: org14=india org29=america... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
GITCREDENTIALS(7)						    Git Manual							 GITCREDENTIALS(7)

NAME
gitcredentials - providing usernames and passwords to Git SYNOPSIS
git config credential.https://example.com.username myusername git config credential.helper "$helper $options" DESCRIPTION
Git will sometimes need credentials from the user in order to perform operations; for example, it may need to ask for a username and password in order to access a remote repository over HTTP. This manual describes the mechanisms Git uses to request these credentials, as well as some features to avoid inputting these credentials repeatedly. REQUESTING CREDENTIALS
Without any credential helpers defined, Git will try the following strategies to ask the user for usernames and passwords: 1. If the GIT_ASKPASS environment variable is set, the program specified by the variable is invoked. A suitable prompt is provided to the program on the command line, and the user's input is read from its standard output. 2. Otherwise, if the core.askpass configuration variable is set, its value is used as above. 3. Otherwise, if the SSH_ASKPASS environment variable is set, its value is used as above. 4. Otherwise, the user is prompted on the terminal. AVOIDING REPETITION
It can be cumbersome to input the same credentials over and over. Git provides two methods to reduce this annoyance: 1. Static configuration of usernames for a given authentication context. 2. Credential helpers to cache or store passwords, or to interact with a system password wallet or keychain. The first is simple and appropriate if you do not have secure storage available for a password. It is generally configured by adding this to your config: [credential "https://example.com"] username = me Credential helpers, on the other hand, are external programs from which Git can request both usernames and passwords; they typically interface with secure storage provided by the OS or other programs. To use a helper, you must first select one to use. Git currently includes the following helpers: cache Cache credentials in memory for a short period of time. See git-credential-cache(1) for details. store Store credentials indefinitely on disk. See git-credential-store(1) for details. You may also have third-party helpers installed; search for credential-* in the output of git help -a, and consult the documentation of individual helpers. Once you have selected a helper, you can tell Git to use it by putting its name into the credential.helper variable. 1. Find a helper. $ git help -a | grep credential- credential-foo 2. Read its description. $ git help credential-foo 3. Tell Git to use it. $ git config --global credential.helper foo If there are multiple instances of the credential.helper configuration variable, each helper will be tried in turn, and may provide a username, password, or nothing. Once Git has acquired both a username and a password, no more helpers will be tried. CREDENTIAL CONTEXTS
Git considers each credential to have a context defined by a URL. This context is used to look up context-specific configuration, and is passed to any helpers, which may use it as an index into secure storage. For instance, imagine we are accessing https://example.com/foo.git. When Git looks into a config file to see if a section matches this context, it will consider the two a match if the context is a more-specific subset of the pattern in the config file. For example, if you have this in your config file: [credential "https://example.com"] username = foo then we will match: both protocols are the same, both hosts are the same, and the "pattern" URL does not care about the path component at all. However, this context would not match: [credential "https://kernel.org"] username = foo because the hostnames differ. Nor would it match foo.example.com; Git compares hostnames exactly, without considering whether two hosts are part of the same domain. Likewise, a config entry for http://example.com would not match: Git compares the protocols exactly. CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
Options for a credential context can be configured either in credential.* (which applies to all credentials), or credential.<url>.*, where <url> matches the context as described above. The following options are available in either location: helper The name of an external credential helper, and any associated options. If the helper name is not an absolute path, then the string git credential- is prepended. The resulting string is executed by the shell (so, for example, setting this to foo --option=bar will execute git credential-foo --option=bar via the shell. See the manual of specific helpers for examples of their use. username A default username, if one is not provided in the URL. useHttpPath By default, Git does not consider the "path" component of an http URL to be worth matching via external helpers. This means that a credential stored for https://example.com/foo.git will also be used for https://example.com/bar.git. If you do want to distinguish these cases, set this option to true. CUSTOM HELPERS
You can write your own custom helpers to interface with any system in which you keep credentials. See the documentation for Git's credentials API[1] for details. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. credentials API file:///usr/share/doc/git-1.8.3.1/technical/api-credentials.html Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GITCREDENTIALS(7)