Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: school unix
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) school unix Post 73201 by Jariya on Sunday 29th of May 2005 12:30:49 PM
Old 05-29-2005
Dear gnerd

You think its ilegal to say it, and probably it is, although you can tell us what we CANNOT do to get that password Smilie, and thats very legal, isnt it? Im not so interested in getting passwords, in fact i know only two people that use mac os ( i live in Spain, Europe Smilie ), but id like to know how to protect my system, you know...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

School Blocking

I'm in highschool. They blocked my favorite site. How do I disable websense without getting caught on that particular webpage? Is it even possible? *twitch* I would also like to get as much UNIX for beginners information, so if someone might point me in the right direction so I don't have to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satine
1 Replies

2. AIX

Need help with OLD SCHOOL AIX

Whats up ppl... I'm at a loss here.. Getting help with old versions of AIX is quite stressful lol... Anyways.. My situation is that I (my company) has an old Powerserver 220 running AIX 3.2.5. The server is about to crap out, and we need to move the system over to a newer box. I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NOTORIOUS VR
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with school homework

ok its a simple script, but i can't get it to run right. i'm totally lost. can anyone help me with this. heres the question........create a shell script called minute.bash that starts the command labs/bash/count.sh and lets it run for 1 minute and then stops it. count.sh is a simple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

School assignment

Hi, I have assignment from school. Please help me write the script for following example Using "eval", write a program called "recho" that prints its arguments in reverse order. For example, $recho one two three should produce three two one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdp5628
1 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS