Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kerberos Solaris 10 x86
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kerberos Solaris 10 x86 Post 73182 by SAUnterC on Sunday 29th of May 2005 02:10:14 AM
Old 05-29-2005
Thankyou ICE

Thanks for the help...the answer's so obvious when someone tells you Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 x86

Hi There, I search a lot across the board but didn't find answer... first of all... I installed the Companion CD. So Kde is supposed to work... I ran the script to have it in my login screen, and it's there... but when I enter it, it only kicks me to the login screen once... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erythro73
1 Replies

2. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris on x86

hi, need help! i've installed solaris 9 on my x86 box...problems with kdmconfig. here what i have: 1- Dell 17" Flat monitor ( 31kHz-80kHz horizontal and 56 Hz-76Hz Vertical) 2- Matrox Millenium G550 card what choices do i have to made? best regards thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Heimdal kerberos and Solaris 8 Client

Hi, I have been trying to have a solaris 8 client authenticate to a Suse Linux KDC (heimdal) via SEAM. Everything works fine, I can login with a principal using kinit or via PAM and get tgt. However I can't use kadmin or kpasswd from the solaris client. The error received is Client/Server real... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: perezive
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 X86

Ok here goes, this MCSE is now fed up with MS, they are telling me that my Legal XP has a s/num they didnt issue. After countless emails I am P with them and am loooking for a new OS. Tried Linux, got it working but seems too flaky for me. Have installed Solaris 10 X86 (on a temp pc AMD Athlon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mickie
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris x86 on D<LL (OK I said it)

OK, I have a DELL Poweredge 2850 fresh out of the box sitting here. I'm thinking of putting Solaris 9 x86 on it. Has anyone ever attempted this before, do you think it will work? I dont want to get into something that is just going to be a enormus waste of time, so I am wondering if anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Kerberos with local account locking

Hello Gurus, I desperately need help to replicate the functionality that I had with Solaris 8 and SEAM into Solaris 10. Our application needs a few users which are created with the application install. One of our customer requires Kerberos as single sign-on because of their IT department... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmaavnii
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Patch Updates (Kerberos)

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 device which has quite a dated version of Kerberos 5 installed. I'd like to upgrade the version of Kerberos to a more recent version, but was unsure whether updates to Kerberos are provided by applying a Solaris patch - or whether I would need to go to the MIT website... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James1011
0 Replies
FAXANSWER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      FAXANSWER(8)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for exam- ple, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/hylafax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/hylafax default spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5), faxgetty(8) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8)