Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot connect to my ISP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot connect to my ISP Post 7308 by coolteach on Monday 24th of September 2001 07:54:01 PM
Old 09-24-2001
I see you've read my reply, could I get an answer. I realize that I don't know much, that's exactly the way my administor acted towards me too. However, we all have to begin somewhere! If I had the time I'd be reading the whole manual but the parts I've had time to read haven't helped me out.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for an internet server to an ISP

I just moved away from a T3 line back to a dial up I just wanted to know would a P200 with 64meg and a 4 gig hard drive be ok for a linux server for an additional 3 pcs all running win98. I will be dialing into an isp using a 56k v90 modem. Any support or help will be great. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izrailov
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule dial-out different ISP's

Hi, I'm running user ppp on FreeBSD. I have an internet account which gives me the oppertunity to login for free (say €25 a month :)) during specific hours. Outside these hours I pay the normal fee. I also have another ISP which gives me the oppertunity to log in for a reduced fee all times. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hansaplast
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems connecting Solaris 10 to network via ISP

I have just installed Solaris 10 (x86) on my PC, which is connected to an ISP via a Netgear DG834G firewall/modem router. I can't find the network. My router has the IP address 192.168.0.1 and my ISP assigned IP address is 214.159.X.Y I have edited various files based upon information I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting Bash to access ISP mail

I'm trying to create a small program to look at my isp and pull down the messages into individual text files. This is just a read only setup. I need to pull down the message and kill it on the server. I'm stuck here. I have experimented with a for string but it always fails. I was trying to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

2 ip from one subnet my isp

Hi. my english is not so good. sorry. i have some problem. My isp give me second ip from subnet. One network is working, but secong don't. fxp0 - my network dc0 - network isp (that working) re0 - network isp (don't working) i try use ng_one2many, but it's don't working ngctl mkpeer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kil
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Multiple isp physical connection

Hello all my friends see picture to understand my problem http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/8mf8ni4btu6r4qy1rp9_Networking-photo.png i want to know that how my company can connect multiple isp via switch and output from switch is directly connected to linux firewall. Any help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rink
1 Replies

7. Proxy Server

ISP VPS, routing traffic

Hi guys I need to setup server/router in my firm. We got from our ISP dedicated server in their data center. It has a static IP and it servers as replacement for out DSL connection. I configured our internal server to be border gateway and to connects to data center. "Remote" admin installed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies
clfmerge(1)							     logtools							       clfmerge(1)

NAME
clfmerge - merge Common-Log Format web logs based on time-stamps SYNOPSIS
clfmerge [--help | -h] [-b size] [-d] [file names] DESCRIPTION
The clfmerge program is designed to avoid using sort to merge multiple web log files. Web logs for big sites consist of multiple files in the >100M size range from a number of machines. For such files it is not practical to use a program such as gnusort to merge the files because the data is not always entirely in order (so the merge option of gnusort doesn't work so well), but it is not in random order (so doing a complete sort would be a waste). Also the date field that is being sorted on is not particularly easy to specify for gnusort (I have seen it done but it was messy). This program is designed to simply and quickly sort multiple large log files with no need for temporary storage space or overly large buf- fers in memory (the memory footprint is generally only a few megs). OVERVIEW
It will take a number (from 0 to n) of file-names on the command line, it will open them for reading and read CLF format web log data from them all. Lines which don't appear to be in CLF format (NB they aren't parsed fully, only minimal parsing to determine the date is per- formed) will be rejected and displayed on standard-error. If zero files are specified then there will be no error, it will just silently output nothing, this is for scripts which use the find com- mand to find log files and which can't be counted on to find any log files, it saves doing an extra check in your shell scripts. If one file is specified then the data will be read into a 1000 line buffer and it will be removed from the buffer (and displayed on stan- dard output) in date order. This is to handle the case of web servers which date entries on the connection time but write them to the log at completion time and thus generate log files that aren't in order (Netscape web server does this - I haven't checked what other web servers do). If more than one file is specified then a line will be read from each file, the file that had the earliest time stamp will be read from until it returns a time stamp later than one of the other files. Then the file with the earlier time stamp will be read. With multiple files the buffer size is 1000 lines or 100 * the number of files (whichever is larger). When the buffer becomes full the first line will be removed and displayed on standard output. OPTIONS
-b buffer-size Specify the buffer-size to use, if 0 is specified then it means to disable the sliding-window sorting of the data which improves the speed. -d Set domain-name mangling to on. This means that if a line starts with as the name of the site that was requested then that would be removed from the start of the line and the GET / would be changed to GET http://www.company.com/ which allows programs like Webal- izer to produce good graphs for large hosting sites. Also it will make the domain name in lower case. EXIT STATUS
0 No errors 1 Bad parameters 2 Can't open one of the specified files 3 Can't write to output AUTHOR
This program, its manual page, and the Debian package were written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. SEE ALSO
clfsplit(1),clfdomainsplit(1) Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 0.06 clfmerge(1)