Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: problem with grep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with grep Post 72915 by vivekshankar on Wednesday 25th of May 2005 01:20:47 PM
Old 05-25-2005
Thanks BOb!

Regards
Vivek.S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep problem

Hi I would like to know wheather there is anyway to pass a variable to grep argument like this grep "$myvar" $myfile i would put this in a function and then call this function by setting different values to myvar and myfile. is this possible at all. regards Hrishy (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Problem

I have a large file that I am grepping to find a certain string. grep 'C:\Data\Directory\Test.txt' test.txt It can not find it even though I know it is in there . I know that there is a problem with the backslashes but I can't get it to work. I tried grep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep problem

Hi there, this is a very simple question. When I do grep -c "PWD" filename, I get 5. This means the filename contains 5 lines of "PWD" occurence. I tried to assign to a variable. int= grep -c "PWD" filename When I typed echo $int The output: 5 I get an empty line space. Now I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felixwhoals
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP problem

I have a problem. Suppose I have a log named transport.log >> tp finished with return code: 203 meaning: wrong syntax in tp call .... tp finished with return code: 0 meaning: Everything ok. << What i want to do is to get the return code of the 1st one. So I would probably do:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdyzsa
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep problem

Changed Problem its a sed actually... Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Use a sed command to create an output file from the input file. The input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skalidindi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with grep |

Hi, When i try this it is not executing either result or total, pls can any one help me in this. max=month_134.log grep result|total $max > log.txt In month_134.log, it should contain either result or total and then send it to log.txt.It should execute result or total in log.txt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with grep

Hi I am trying to grep a string in a directory which is having 5000 files. PA>> grep -iH 'linc.unisure_pr13n' * bash: /usr/bin/grep: Arg list too long I am getting the error. i also tried PA>> ls -ltr | grep -iH 'linc.unisure_pr13n' * but still i am getting the error Please Advice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep problem

Hi everyone i am facing a strange problem in grep below is the code RC=0 grep $ERROR_MASK $LOG_FILE 2>&1 > /dev/null && RC=1 || RC=0 what does the above statment do i mean it search for error mask into log file and redirect the error to console null then what's the meaning of RC=1 ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep problem

Hello. I'm learning shell scripting right now and I'm trying simple scripts. I have a problem with the one below. The idea is to found the number of files containing asd in their name. Here's the code: #!/bin/sh pattern=asd total=0 for f in * do && continue if grep $pattern $f >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmZvr
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
Template::Manual::Credits(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Template::Manual::Credits(3)

NAME
Template::Manual::Credits - Author and contributor credits HISTORY
The Template Toolkit began its life as the "Text::MetaText" module, originally released to CPAN around 1996. This itself was the public manifestation of an earlier template processing system I developed while working at Peritas (now Knowledge Pool - http://www.knowledgepool.com/) "Text::MetaText" was the prototype - the one we always planned to throw away. It did the job well, showing us what worked and what didn't, what was good and what was bad, and gave us some ideas about what could be done better, given the chance to start again from scratch. Some time late in 1998 I threw away the prototype and started work on the Template Toolkit. By then I was working at Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. (CRE), involved in a general research programme related to web publishing and dynamic content generation. The first alpha release was in June 1999, followed by numerous more alpha and beta releases culminating in 1.00 being released on 2nd December 1999. A month or so later, work had begun on version 2.00. The plan was to get the template language relatively stable in version 1.00 and not worry too much about performance or other internal matters. Then, version 2.00 would follow to improve performance, clean up the architecture and fix anything that, with the benefit of hindsight, we thought could be improved. As it happens, me starting work on version 2.00 coincided with Doug Steinwand sending me his parser variant which compiled templates to Perl code, giving a major performance boost. As well as the speedups, there are a whole host of significant new features in version 2.00, and a greatly improved internal architecture. Apart from a few minor "fixups" the template directives and language have remained the same as in version 1.00 Version 2.00 was available in beta release form in July 2000, just in time for the 4th Perl Conference where version 1.00 was awarded "Best New Perl Module". After another extended beta release period, version 2.00 was released on 1st December 2000. Version 3 has been in development ever since. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. The Template Toolkit is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. CONTRIBUTORS
Many people have contributed ideas, inspiration, fixes and features to the Template Toolkit. Their efforts continue to be very much appreciated. Please let me know if you think anyone is missing from this list. Chuck Adams, Stephen Adkins, Ivan Adzhubey, Mark Anderson, Bradley Baetz, Thierry-Michel Barral, Craig Barratt, Stas Bekman, Robin Berjon, Tony Bowden, Neil Bowers, Leon Brocard, Lyle Brooks, Norbert Buchmueller, Dave Cash, Piers Cawley, Darren Chamberlain, Timmy Chan, Eric Cholet, Nik Clayton, Tosh Cooey, Dave Cross, Chris Dean, Francois Desarmenien, Horst Dumcke, Mark Fowler, Michael Fowler, Kenny Gatdula, Axel Gerstmair, Dylan William Hardison, Perrin Harkins, Bryce Harrington, Dave Hodgkinson, Lubomir Host, Dave Howorth, Harald Joerg, Colin Johnson, Adam Kennedy, Vivek Khera, Alexey A. Kiritchun, Rafael Kitover, Ivan Kurmanov, Denis F. Latypoff, Hans von Lengerke, Jonas Liljegren, Simon Luff, Andy Maas, Paul Makepeace, Gervase Markham, Sergey Martynoff, Simon Matthews, Robert McArthur, Craig McLane, Myk Melez, Eugene Miretskiy, Tatsuhiko Miyagawa, Bill Moseley, Keith G. Murphy, Chris Nandor, John Napiorkowski, Breno G. de Oliveira, Leslie Michael Orchard, Paul Orrock, Jonathon Padfield, Steve Peters, Briac Pilpre, Yuri Pimenov, Martin Portman, Slaven Rezic, Jess Robinson, Josh Rosenbaum, Christian Schaffner, Mike Schilli, Randal L. Schwartz, Paul Seamons, Paul Sharpe, Ville Skyttae, Barrie Slaymaker, Doug Steinwand, Michael Stevens, Autrijus Tang, Drew Taylor, Rod Taylor, Swen Thuemmler, Richard Tietjen, Ben Tilly, Stathy G. Touloumis, Jim Vaughan, Simon Wilcox, Chris Winters POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 78: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'Buchmueller,'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.16.3 2011-12-20 Template::Manual::Credits(3)