Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VT100 terminal and colour
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting VT100 terminal and colour Post 72815 by jhansrod on Tuesday 24th of May 2005 02:11:59 PM
Old 05-24-2005
thanks for the reply,. I forgot to mention that it is for a AIX system. setterm seems not to be available on this platform.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Text Color Using VT100

Hi, I want to change the color of the text. Currently, I am using the following VT100 command, which changes the color of the foreground: <ESC>[{attr1};...;{attrn}m The problem is, when I change the color of the foreground, it changes the color of the text as expected, but it also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abed Alnaif
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh, font colour

hi all, how do i change the colour of text if i am using printf ?? in my script i am printing out response times from the server and i wanted to print out the max response time in red. ta. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

random colour xterm alias

I used to have this but do not know where it went - a script or an alias that: opens a new xterm window with a random background colour. I have this off "the internets" : alias xterm1="xterm ... -bg \#* printf '%02x%02x%02x' {repeat 3 times $((RANDOM%128+128))}` &" this gives me an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcadia
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

hpux top colour

Hello, is there some way to change b/w colour of top command output in hpux B.11.31 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonijel
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing text colour in bash

I am doing a basic script to check if services are disabled, and I was wondering how to change to colours for PASS and FAIL to green & red respectively. #!/usr/bin/bash clear TELNET=`svcs -a | grep telnet | awk '{print $1}'` if then RESULT=PASS else RESULT=FAIL fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: detatchedd
3 Replies

6. Programming

Cshell help with change colour in print

i want to ask how to change the colour of prompt message from use? and also how to change colour in printing........ i want to change it as blue colour and red colour, but i found many website still don't know how to do. how's the command is wrote? thz really!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendy1089
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed colour change

Hi, I am trying to write a script which will email a backup report from the server, The contents of the email will be: ---------------------- ---- -- ---- ----- ---- ------- ---- ------- ------- | | | | |Chnge|Wkng| | | | | | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bdoydie
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colour code in shell script

Hello, I am trying to colour code a single word in whole line. Can you please help. I am able to colour code the whole line but not able to do only for single word Query) I want to echo below line and colur code red to word FAILED only. This server is FAILED in check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Add a new user to a vt100 profile

Hello Team, I am trying to add a user a9acd012 and the user has to be added to two groups in unix and two groups in windows, Also i want to give the user vt100 profile when i create the user.Can anyone here help me with the command please.Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi2089
1 Replies