Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cal
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cal Post 72792 by pythonman on Tuesday 24th of May 2005 08:40:27 AM
Old 05-24-2005
is there just a simple command to do this, instead of typing all that code n stuff? (sorry im really new to unix) Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command

I am trying to configure the cal command to recognize the month names. When you type: cal - you get the calander for the current month of the current year. Is there a way of making the system recognize March, and Mar. So I could type: cal March or cal mar and get the same response as cal.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
5 Replies

2. AIX

doubt in cal command

I am new to unix... How to get all the saturdays of a specific year? for a specific month, i tried as below.. cal 02 2006 | awk '{print $7}' but it is not giving all saturdays.... can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Sumi (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating cal output

Hi Gurus, In my Cal output i want to cut the date of 2nd saturday how tyo achive this. for eg in the below output i need that second saturday 13 to be cut. crypto $ cal January 2007 S M Tu W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal question

This probably would be a cake walk for you, but i am having trouble with this. I am trying to print every tuesday of the month from cal, and the FS default is space. There is one row that has few spaces at the beginning and so when i print $3, those spaces get ingnored and a different day gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command

Hello, I wanted to display calender for the previou, current and next month in a single command... I used the command cal -3 for this. But its throwing me a Bad Argument error. I am using HP UX to execute this command. Is this a syntax error, or let me know if there any other ways to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

another cal command question.

I got this from this board yesterday cal | xargs -n1 | tail -1 which displays the current months days.. for instance if you type this in a shell today you will get 31. I would like to also display the month and year.. something like March 2011 has 31 days. how would I do that? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rontopia
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command in UNIX

modify "cal " command to display calenders of the specified months. $ cal jan....aug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssaini
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using cal in a script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a shell script that will: "Display" the number of days in the current month. For example: September... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eaafuddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cal -m on bash

Hi, I want to make Monday as the first day of the month while using cal command when I execute without bash, its working fine /bin/sh cal -m 03 2013 March 2013 Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract from cal

I was trying to get 1st Sunday in a month. I tried using cal followed by awk NF=1 apparently it would give entire 1st field in that month. Any suggestions (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: penqueen
11 Replies
DATEFMT_GET_CALENDAR_OBJECT(3)						 1					    DATEFMT_GET_CALENDAR_OBJECT(3)

IntlDateFormatter::getCalendarObject - Get copy of formatters calendar object

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public IntlCalendar IntlDateFormatter::getCalendarObject (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style IntlCalendar datefmt_get_calendar_object (void ) Obtain a copy of the calendar object used internally by this formatter. This calendar will have a type (as in gregorian, japanese, bud- dhist, roc, persian, islamic, etc.) and a timezone that match the type and timezone used by the formatter. The date/time of the object is unspecified. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
A copy of the internal calendar object used by this formatter. EXAMPLES
Example #1 datefmt_get_calendar_object(3) example <?php $formatter = IntlDateFormatter::create( "fr_FR@calendar=islamic", NULL, NULL, "GMT-01:00", IntlDateFormatter::TRADITIONAL ); $cal = $formatter->getCalendarObject(); var_dump( $cal->getType(), $cal->getTimeZone(), $cal->getLocale(Locale::VALID_LOCALE) ); The above example will output: string(7) "islamic" object(IntlTimeZone)#3 (4) { ["valid"]=> bool(true) ["id"]=> string(9) "GMT-01:00" ["rawOffset"]=> int(-3600000) ["currentOffset"]=> int(-3600000) } string(5) "fr_FR" SEE ALSO
IntlDateFormatter.getCalendar(3), IntlDateFormatter.setCalendar(3), IntlCalendar. PHP Documentation Group DATEFMT_GET_CALENDAR_OBJECT(3)