Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris shutting down oracle with the server Post 72649 by krishan on Monday 23rd of May 2005 09:35:58 AM
Old 05-23-2005
shutting down oracle with the server

What can I do to ensure that oracle database is shut down when the server reboots.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart

How can I make sure that all the database instances are shut down and brought up when the server is restarted. Krishan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutting down Solaris

Hi I have a mix of solaris 8,9 & 10. I need to have our 6 Solaris servers shutdown buy a script that will be executed by APC network Shutdown software Im really not sure how I would write a script to shut them down and the following processes? the processes are portmapper seq seq_api... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonysequoia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutting down the Server

Hi Is there anyway i can find out from which terminal a shutdown command has been run from ? :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktech
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

5. AIX

Getting error while shutting down

Hi, I am getting the error "/etc/rc.shutdown failed. Shutdown aborting" while shutting down the os. Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Solaris

11.2 not shutting down completely

I just installed this 11.2 ver and when I tell it to shutdown it takes for ever then just hangs with this just a little bit of that red line left to go, then it just sits there like forever until I get tired of looking at it then force a shutdown by holding my power button down until my laptop... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
8 Replies
ISNSD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  ISNSD(8)

NAME
isnsd - iSNS server daemon SYNOPSIS
isnsd [-f] [-4] [-6] [-c filename] [-d debug-facility] [--dump-db] [--init] DESCRIPTION
Isnsd implements the iSNS protocol as defined in RFC 4171. iSNS is a discovery protocol for iSCSI and iFCP. OPTIONS
By default, isnsd will take most of its settings from the configuration file /etc/isns/isnsd.conf, with the exception of the following options: --config filename, -c filename This option overrides the default configuration file. --foreground,-f By default, isnsd will put itself into the background. By specifying this option, you can tell it to run in the foreground. Any error messages or debug output will be printed to the console rather than being sent to syslog. -4 tells isnsd to create an IPv4 socket only. Normally, it defaults to IPv6 (which will accept both IPv4 and IPv6 connections). -6 tells isnsd explicitly to create an IPv6 socket only. Since it defaults to IPv6 anyway, this is really a no-op. --debug facility, -d facility enables debugging. Valid facilities are +--------+-----------------------------------------------------+ |socket | network send/receive | |auth | authentication and security related information | |message | iSNS protocol layer | |state | database state | |scn | SCN (state change notification) messages | |esi | ESI (entity status inquiry) messages | |all | all of the above | +--------+-----------------------------------------------------+ --dump-db This is a helper function that will read the database from the file system, and display it in human readable form. When using this option, isnsd will not open any sockets, and terminate immediately after display the database. This option is intended to be used by the administrator when suspecting that the database contains bad/inconsistent information. --init This option will create the server's authentication key, and the required DSA parameters. The private key is stored in the file specified by the AuthKey option (usually /etc/isns/auth_key). The public portion of the key is written to same directory, with the suffix .pub appended to the key file name. SEE ALSO
RFC 4171, isnsadm(8), isnsdd(8), isns_config(5). AUTHORS
Olaf Kirch <olaf.kirch@oracle.com> 11 May 2007 ISNSD(8)