Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris shutting down oracle with the server Post 72649 by krishan on Monday 23rd of May 2005 09:35:58 AM
Old 05-23-2005
shutting down oracle with the server

What can I do to ensure that oracle database is shut down when the server reboots.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart

How can I make sure that all the database instances are shut down and brought up when the server is restarted. Krishan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutting down Solaris

Hi I have a mix of solaris 8,9 & 10. I need to have our 6 Solaris servers shutdown buy a script that will be executed by APC network Shutdown software Im really not sure how I would write a script to shut them down and the following processes? the processes are portmapper seq seq_api... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonysequoia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutting down the Server

Hi Is there anyway i can find out from which terminal a shutdown command has been run from ? :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktech
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutting down a client machine from server using scripts

Hi, i have several client machines connected to a server..how do i shutdown a specific client from server using shell scripts?? is it possible to use socket programming to establish a connection before doing this? (need a code in 'c') thanking you tanvi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tanvi
1 Replies

5. AIX

Getting error while shutting down

Hi, I am getting the error "/etc/rc.shutdown failed. Shutdown aborting" while shutting down the os. Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Solaris

11.2 not shutting down completely

I just installed this 11.2 ver and when I tell it to shutdown it takes for ever then just hangs with this just a little bit of that red line left to go, then it just sits there like forever until I get tired of looking at it then force a shutdown by holding my power button down until my laptop... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
8 Replies
capture-schema(1m)					    Application Server Utility						capture-schema(1m)

NAME
capture-schema - stores the database metadata (schema) in a file for use in mapping and execution SYNOPSIS
capture-schema-dburl url-username name- password password-driver a_jdbc_driver [-schemaname name] [-table tablename]* [-out filename] Stores the database metadata (schema) in a file. You can also use the Sun Java System Studio IDE to capture the database schema. Run cap- ture-schema as the same database user that owns the tables, so that the -username and -schemaname options are given the same username. Additionally, you can grant the database user running the capture-schema command the ANALYZE ANY TABLE privilege. OPTIONS
-dburl JDBC URL expected by the driver for accessing a database. -username user name for authenticating access to a database. -password password for accessing the selected database. -driver JDBC driver classname in your CLASSPATH. -schemaname name of the user schema being captured. If not specified, the default will capture metadata for all tables from all the schemas accessible to this user. Specifying this parameter is highly recommended. If more than one schema is accessible to this user, more than one table with the same name may be captured which will cause problems. -table name of the table; multiple table names can be specified. -out output target; defaults to stdout. This parameter corresponds to the schema sub-element of the sun-cmp-mapping ele- ment in the sun-cmp-mapping_1_1.dtd file. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using capture-schema capture-schema -dburl jdbc:oracle:thin:@sadbuttrue:1521:ora817 -schemaname cantiflas -username CANTIFLAS -password enigma -driver oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 capture-schema(1m)