Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Want to use the output of Select statement in Unix script Post 72637 by zazzybob on Monday 23rd of May 2005 08:18:34 AM
Old 05-23-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilgoel9
Hi,
Can anyone help me in this regard.
Yes.....

.....if you post the contents of the script that you're using.

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe SQL select statement results to script

Hello I would like to perform a select from a oracle table and return those values to my shell script For example: site=head -1 $infile | cut -c1-15 | awk '{printf "s%", $0} sqlplus -s /nolog |& #Open pipe to sql select col1, col2, col3, col4 from oracle_table where col5 =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: houtakker
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress ' quotes in a select statement inside Shell Script

Hi I have a shell script in which a string variable is saving following query. SqlQuery="select a||'|'||b||'|'||c from dual" I am trying to pass above query as a parameter to some script but its giving me error for "single quote". I tried suppressing it using \' instead of just ' but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select variable within a if statement

i want to select a variable created and use it in a if statement, but not getting the desired results LINE='device for 0101a01: lpd://172.25.41.111:515' prt=`echo $LINE | awk '{print $3 }' | cut -c 1-7` echo $prt My if statement to select just what i want.. IFS=$":" while read prt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a select script through UNIX and sending output to file

Hi, (Oracle, AIX) I have googled this and searched this forum, however I haven't had much luck with an answer and have tried several different things. Basically I have a SQL select statement which generates a whole load of UPDATE statements, I want to run the select statement via... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbchud
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell command output to a sql statement

Can i do this Say one command sed 's/:*/ /g' $summf is returning C1234 C2345 C3434 some no of rows, now this ouput i have to insert it into a DB table how do i do this?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depakjan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql select command output formatting in shell script

Hi, I need to connect to the database and retrieve two variables from the database and store them in a variable,out of these two variables I need to get lastdigit appended to the variable 1 retrieved and variable 2 with out any modification in short select var,data from usage; o/p=... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with select statement

Hi I have run out of ideas as to why this select doesn't work in a script I am writing. The script sources a file of common functions and I am trying to use a select statement within one of the functions - PS3="Try? " select X in CONT EXIT; do if ] ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)