Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers facing a problem in redirection Post 72553 by auswipe on Saturday 21st of May 2005 03:43:10 PM
Old 05-21-2005
There are two ways. The really simple method is to just redirect to a file. Anything that gets printed to STDOUT (by default, print goes to STDOUT) will go to a file.

`myPerlRoutine.pl > myFile.txt`

Or you can do it in code:

Code:
open (LOGFILE, ">logfile.txt") || die "$!";

# <blah blah blah>

print LOGFILE (@line(1..15));

close(LOGFILE);

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing with sed and awk

Hi All, I have a got a problem .. I have t files as below: 1.txt contains ----- ----- ----- column 1, "cat", column 24, "dog", column 100, "rat", ----- ----- ----- 2.sh should contain ----- ----- ----- awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s","cat")}' (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line space problem facing

Hi, I got a list of file that all got the same standard format. Can anyone teach me how to put the space in all of them?! Input file: >nucleotide1 AAAAAAAAACCCGGG >nucleotide2 GGGGGGCCCCCTTTTA >nucleotide3 GGTACACCACACTCAC >nucleotide4 TTTGGAGAGAGACCCC desired output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

5. Linux

Facing problem in Samba share

Hi, I am facing problem while accessing samba share on Linux 5.1 from windows, though I have done the same configuration on Linux 4 (Update 2), on Red Hat 4.0 it is working but while on Linux 5.1 these configuration are not working, I have disabled the firewall also. Kindly suggest me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to copy Using scp facing problem

source file is located in (elk.some.com) /export/elk2/vp141p/Somedir/dist/current/Filename.ear destination machine(191.hydc.xxx.com) /export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE scp -p vp141p@hstst191.hydc.sbc.com:/export/elk2/vp141p/PM_Build_SBS/Build_PVT_SBS/dist/current/Filename.ear . The above code is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing command using shell

Dear Brothers! Need your help for the case where I am running one command on prompt and its giving us the correct output, but when i use the same command from shell its directs no output.:wall: the command on command prompt is ls -ltrh * | nawk '{if ($5~ '/$'M'/') print $9}' | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jojo123
1 Replies

9. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)														 GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)

NAME
glPolygonMode - select a polygon rasterization mode C SPECIFICATION
void glPolygonMode( GLenum face, GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
face Specifies the polygons that mode applies to. Must be GL_FRONT for front-facing polygons, GL_BACK for back-facing polygons, or GL_FRONT_AND_BACK for front- and back-facing polygons. mode Specifies how polygons will be rasterized. Accepted values are GL_POINT, GL_LINE, and GL_FILL. The initial value is GL_FILL for both front- and back-facing polygons. DESCRIPTION
glPolygonMode controls the interpretation of polygons for rasterization. face describes which polygons mode applies to: front-facing poly- gons (GL_FRONT), back-facing polygons (GL_BACK), or both (GL_FRONT_AND_BACK). The polygon mode affects only the final rasterization of polygons. In particular, a polygon's vertices are lit and the polygon is clipped and possibly culled before these modes are applied. Three modes are defined and can be specified in mode: GL_POINT Polygon vertices that are marked as the start of a boundary edge are drawn as points. Point attributes such as GL_POINT_SIZE and GL_POINT_SMOOTH control the rasterization of the points. Polygon rasterization attributes other than GL_POLYGON_MODE have no effect. GL_LINE Boundary edges of the polygon are drawn as line segments. They are treated as connected line segments for line stippling; the line stipple counter and pattern are not reset between segments (see glLineStipple). Line attributes such as GL_LINE_WIDTH and GL_LINE_SMOOTH control the rasterization of the lines. Polygon rasterization attributes other than GL_POLYGON_MODE have no effect. GL_FILL The interior of the polygon is filled. Polygon attributes such as GL_POLYGON_STIPPLE and GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH control the ras- terization of the polygon. EXAMPLES
To draw a surface with filled back-facing polygons and outlined front-facing polygons, call glPolygonMode(GL_FRONT, GL_LINE); NOTES
Vertices are marked as boundary or nonboundary with an edge flag. Edge flags are generated internally by the GL when it decomposes poly- gons; they can be set explicitly using glEdgeFlag. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if either face or mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glPolygonMode is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_POLYGON_MODE SEE ALSO
glBegin, glEdgeFlag, glLineStipple, glLineWidth, glPointSize, glPolygonStipple GLPOLYGONMODE(3G)