Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers query Post 72538 by vivekshankar on Saturday 21st of May 2005 10:47:22 AM
Old 05-21-2005
THANKS A LOT

Regards
vivek.s

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query.....

hi friends i want to know details of `exec` exact use of this command ..... actually i went through the man page but i didn`t get the satisfactory ...conclusion.... thaks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query

hi i am producing txt outputs of archives created by our tsm software. problem is some of these files are too large to open in excel so i can despatch. here is a example of the output TAG_460 /prod_bak 7 FILE /ARCHIVE/Whistles- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to query : YES or NO

hi i want to make script. where i want to query from the user yes or no exp: do you want to proceed : y for yes n for NO. how this is possible in unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
SYBASE_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)												SYBASE_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)

sybase_unbuffered_query - Send a Sybase query and do not block

SYNOPSIS
resource sybase_unbuffered_query (string $query, resource $link_identifier, [bool $store_result]) DESCRIPTION
sybase_unbuffered_query(3) sends a query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identi- fier. If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. If no link is open, the function tries to establish a link as if sybase_connect(3) was called, and use it. Unlike sybase_query(3), sybase_unbuffered_query(3) reads only the first row of the result set. sybase_fetch_array(3) and similar function read more rows as needed. sybase_data_seek(3) reads up to the target row. The behavior may produce better performance for large result sets. sybase_num_rows(3) will only return the correct number of rows if all result sets have been read. To Sybase, the number of rows is not known and is therefore computed by the client implementation. Note If you don't read all of the resultsets prior to executing the next query, PHP will raise a warning and cancel all of the pending results. To get rid of this, use sybase_free_result(3) which will cancel pending results of an unbuffered query. PARAMETERS
o $query - o $link_identifier - o $store_result - The optional $store_result can be FALSE to indicate the resultsets shouldn't be fetched into memory, thus minimizing memory usage which is particularly interesting with very large resultsets. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive Sybase result identifier on success, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sybase_unbuffered_query(3) example <?php $dbh = sybase_connect('SYBASE', '', ''); $q = sybase_unbuffered_query('select firstname, lastname from huge_table', $dbh, false); sybase_data_seek($q, 10000); $i = 0; while ($row = sybase_fetch_row($q)) { echo $row[0], ' ', $row[1], '<br />'; if ($i++ > 40000) { break; } } sybase_free_result($q); sybase_close($dbh); ?> NOTES
Note This function is only available when using the CT library interface to Sybase, and not with the DB library. SEE ALSO
sybase_query(3). PHP Documentation Group SYBASE_UNBUFFERED_QUERY(3)