Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware activating network connection in linux Post 72355 by killy on Friday 20th of May 2005 12:09:31 PM
Old 05-20-2005
Hi to all, I have a simmilar problem like Mace had, so i have installed a Slackware 9.0 distribution on one PC.I have win2k on a second PC, and i connect to the internet wia dsl with the computer running with win2k.I want to enable the slackware machine to connect to the internet through the win2k PC.I've enabled the sharing option in windows so that there actually such a connection can be made, but on the slackware PC i still don't have internet.It has a local network, when i ping to the win2k PC everything is ok, the eth connection is also ok but the slackware PC cannot get out from the local network to the internet.I'm not really sure what to do next, in windows the local area connection is with static IP 192.168.0.1 because it needs this address to share the internet connection.I've tried with different addresses on the linux machin but no success, it just stays in the local network behind the win2k PC.Can someone help me?thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

new office - no network connection!

We have just moved offices and in the same week recieved a SUN box from another company site. I'm attemting to connect this SUN box to the network, but i can't see it on the network. I have modified the /etc/host file with the IP i want to attribute to the box, rebooted, but still nothing.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colesy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System looses network connection

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I have SCO 5.0.5 installed on a system that I am using 3c905b (3 Com) network card. This system is always powered on. After no certain time period this NIC doesn't work. I can't ping to this system from any other machine or vice... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinal
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Kermit- dialup and network connection

hi all, Using kermit, i made serial dialup connetion between two PCs through telephone line and transfered files trough this line. The code appears as like this, set modem type generic #Setting the modem type. set modem data-compression on #Data compression on to speed up transfer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network connection problem in unix

I have a network connection problem in unix. I am trying to access to LAN in unix but unfortunately it doesn't work. For example, if I ping from Unix to windows it says 'the network is unreacable'. Also, I can't ping in windows to unix. I would be glad if someone could help me. Thanks. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fatihshen
5 Replies

5. Ubuntu

network connection on ubuntu

Hi, I am using ubuntu 8.x. I am not not able connect to internet through broadband. i'm also using windows xp, there i don't have any problems. Please tell me how access the internet on ubuntu 8.x through broadband. Thanks, Achhayya:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: achhayya
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Why network connection is down?

Hello colleague, Development department is deploying some applications on solaris machine but hence all connection goes down. Our all network connection files are correct but we can't connect with our gw. Only we can ping localhost and assigned ip address. I don't want to reboot for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

7. Linux

Network connection

Hi, I installed linux Fedora on a virtual machine, but the network connection is not working. All firewalls are off. Any ideas what is the problem? I am using WiFi. Thanks in advance! Regards, Atanas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
2 Replies

8. Solaris

network connection failing

hi, I'm setting up a home lab and I am having problems keeping my connection open on putty. every time i leave it for about 10 seconds and come back I keep having to re-connect. I'm more of a AIX person and trying to get more fimilar with Sun but some of the commands I am trying to run to diag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Network Connection

Hi, Recently we faced awkward situation where we cannot connect to Oracle DB that hosted in Solaris server intermittently and it timeout eventually. The server seems fine. We can putty to server like normal but when try do prstat, it takes time and come out Please Wait.. for a while. When we go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
1 Replies
ost::IPV6Host(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV6Host(3)

NAME
ost::IPV6Host - This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV6Address. Public Member Functions IPV6Host (const char *host=NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. IPV6Host (struct in6_addr addr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. IPV6Host & operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. Friends class __EXPORT IPV6Mask __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Address of a specific Internet host machine. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (const char *host = NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. The internet host can be specified in a null terminated ASCII string and include either the physical host address or the DNS name of a host machine. Hence, an IPV6Host ('www.voxilla.org') can be directly declaired in this manner. Defaults to the IP address that represents the interface matching 'gethostname()'. Parameters: host dns or physical address of an Internet host. ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (struct in6_addraddr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. Parameters: addr binary address of internet host. Member Function Documentation IPV6Host& ost::IPV6Host::operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. This is commonly used to coerce an address by subnet. Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class __EXPORT IPV6Mask [friend] __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) [friend] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV6Host(3)