Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers a system call for sed in a awk script Post 72325 by vgersh99 on Friday 20th of May 2005 08:17:44 AM
Old 05-20-2005
what OS are you on?

and this?
gsub("ID-INTERNAL[^-]", "1", $0)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call last 14 characters with grep/sed in shell script.

Hi. This is my first post on the forums. I am trying to write a script that will parse a folder of files "oneverylongfilenamexyz.pdf" and create a .dat file named "oneverylongfilenamexyz.dat" with the first line of each .dat file saying variable="xyz" where xyz is the last 14 characters of $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attonbitusira
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument to system call in awk script

So, I have this script. It reads a CSV file that has a mixture of object names with IP addresses (parsing out that part I have working), and object names which have a DNS name. I want to be able to run a "dig +short" based off of the name given to me in the line of the awk script, and then deal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikesimone
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in system() call and want the script's output

Hi All, I have a script(sample.sh) displaying the output of "dd" command. Now i am using this script in system() call as, system("sh sample.sh") in an application file. I want the output of system("sh sample.sh") in the application file itself. How can i get it? Many thnaks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

System call using awk on Solaris

I'm brand new to awk and need your help. I want to be able to shut down my workstations when they become to hot (because we've lost our cooling). I found a really neat way to monitor the temperature of the system and a short, simple awk scipt to use with it: /usr/sbin/prtpicl -v -c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natural
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call the System command twice in the same perl script...

Hello experts, I have a perl script which looks for the ARGV and then loads the data as per it. Example. #Checking the server to connect if ($ARGV eq 'QA') { $ENV{"ORACLE_HOME"} = "/oracle/product/11.2.0"; $ENV{"PATH"} = "$ENV{'PATH'}:/oracle/product/11.2.0/bin"; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msrahman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call awk script

The below awk script (loop.awk) is in the cygwin home directory. I do a cd to the directory where the Sources.txt is (where I would like the data output in), but the script does not run: echo loop | ./loop.awk loop.awk #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {} cat Sources.txt | while read a do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed inside system call in awk

HI , I am trying to write a code where if a file system has / at the end then replace it with null but it should not affect root file system / for example if ip is /var/opt/home/ then o/p is /var/opt/home but if ip is / then it should remain /. for this i am using below code but no success... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies
SNMPD.INTERNAL(5)						     Net-SNMP							 SNMPD.INTERNAL(5)

NAME
snmpd.internal - internal configuration of the Net-SNMP agent DESCRIPTION
The snmpd.conf(5) man page defines the syntax and behaviour of the main configuration directives that can be used to control the operation of the Net-SNMP agent, and the management information it provides. However there are several other configuration directives (many of which, though not all, start with a leading underscore) that are recog- nised by the agent. These are typically used to retain configuration across agent restarts, and are not intended for direct user access. This man page list these directives, giving a brief indication of where they are used. For full details - see the relevant source files. If you can't follow that source, you probably shouldn't be fiddling with these directives! AGENT BEHAVIOUR
quit ACCESS CONTROL
VACM Configuration vacmView / vacmGroup / vacmAccess These directives are used to retain dynamically configured access control settings. SYSTEM INFORMATION
System Group setSerialNo This directive is used to implement the advisory lock object snmpSetSerialNo. psyslocation / psyscontact / psysname These directives are used to retain dynamically configured system settings. They will be overridden by the corresponding sysLoca- tion, sysContact and sysName directives. ACTIVE MONITORING
Notification Handling pauthtrapenable This directive is used to retain the dynamically configured setting of whether the agent should generate authenticationFailure traps. It will be overridden by the corresponding authtrapenable directive. snmpNotify*Table targetAddr / targetParams These directives are used to retain dynamically configured notification destination settings. DisMan Event MIB _mteE*Table, _mteOTable, _mteT*Table These directives are used to retain dynamically configured event, object and monitor trigger settings. mteObjectsTable / mteTriggerTable These directives are for compatibility with the previous disman/event-mib implementation. DisMan Schedule MIB _schedTable This directive is used to retain dynamically configured scheduled events. EXTENDING AGENT FUNCTIONALITY
Arbitrary Extension Commands extend-sh exec2 / sh2 / execFix2 These directives were defined by analogy with equivalent directives in the previous ucd-snmp/extensible implementation. They are deprecated, and should not be used. FILES
/etc/snmp/snmpd.conf SEE ALSO
snmpconf(1), snmpd.conf(5), snmp.conf(5), snmp_config(5), snmpd(8), EXAMPLE.conf, netsnmp_config_api(3). V5.6.2.1 06 Dec 2005 SNMPD.INTERNAL(5)