Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multithreading in Pro*C
Top Forums Programming Multithreading in Pro*C Post 7230 by shaik786 on Friday 21st of September 2001 08:30:00 AM
Old 09-21-2001
hi!

how do i do dat? could u plz write in detail!

Thank
Shaik
shaik786

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

2. Programming

multithreading on OSX

Hi all, I have a query about multithreading. What I would like to do is, at the start of my main update() function, start a couple of threads in parallel, once they are all complete carry on with my main update function. void update() { thread1->update(); // fluid solver ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: memoid
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Pro*C daemon process using multithreading?

Hello, I am new to this forum and this is my first post here... I have never worked on either Pro*C or Multithreading..Now, i have to write a Pro*C, Multithreading daemon process.. I dont know where to start.. Can anybody help me with examples? 1. need to write a Pro*C multithreading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kachiraju
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

multithreading in UNIX

Hi, Can you please give me a suitable reference to learn multithreading programming in C in UNIX? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multithreading program

Hi I need to insert 1million records into MySQL database, but it is taking lot of time as there is no bulk insert support. I want to spawn 10 processes which will insert 100k records each parallely. Can somebody help me with a example program to execute this task through shell scripting. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sach_roger
5 Replies

6. Programming

MultiThreading using Pthreads

Situation: i have multiple pthread_create calls like this: pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc1,.....); pthread_create(...., ThreadFunc2,.....); . . which i am using to create multiple threads.All the "ThreadFunc<i>" functions are actually calling same function "Receive" of a class using same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sastra
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
0 Replies

8. Programming

how to do udp broadcast with multithreading

hello to all i want to use multithreading to my UDP broadcast server client program. will anyone help me by proving C code. i am working in fedora. also my requirement is POSIX compliance.please help me..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moti12
6 Replies

9. Programming

Help with multithreading

I take this question of the The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and Unix System Programming page 652 exercise 30.1 I want someone to explain the under line statement because it sounds complex to me couldn't understand anything 30-1 Modify the program (thread_incr.c) so that each loop in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
3 Replies
GCORE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore -- get core images of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-f] [-s] [-c core] [executable] pid DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of the specified process, suitable for use with gdb(1). By default, the core is written to the file ``core.<pid>''. The process identifier, pid, must be given on the command line. The following options are available: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of ``core.<pid>''. -f Dumps all available segments, excluding only malformed and undumpable segments. Unlike the default invocation, this flag dumps map- pings of devices which may invalidate the state of device transactions or trigger other unexpected behavior. As a result, this flag should only be used when the behavior of the application and any devices it has mapped is fully understood and any side effects can be controlled or tolerated. -s Stop the process while gathering the core image, and resume it when done. This guarantees that the resulting core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. The same effect can be achieved manually with kill(1). FILES
core.<pid> the core image HISTORY
A gcore utility appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Because of the ptrace(2) usage gcore may not work with processes which are actively being investigated with truss(1) or gdb(1). Addition- ally, interruptable sleeps may exit with EINTR. The gcore utility is not compatible with the original 4.2BSD version. BSD
July 14, 2010 BSD