Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming call functions from diferents programs Post 72079 by DebianJ on Wednesday 18th of May 2005 10:57:34 AM
Old 05-18-2005
call functions from diferents programs

hi

i have ten program in C, and there are functions what are in all the programs.

so, i want to make a directory to store all the functions what are in all the programs, and call them from the C programs. (sending variables and values)

is that possible?¿? how ca i do that?¿?
any idea, thanks

jona

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call C functions in shell scripts?

How can i call dynamic C functions in shell scripts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl call C programs

Hi, I am a beginner in Perl programming. Now i need to call a C program from a perl program ...Can any one please help me and give any details how i can do this. Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to call two programs simultaneously

Hi, i want to call two programs simultaneously from a currently running program so as to distribute the job and fasten the speed. As of now I call the programs one after the other within the main program. e.g. `perl A.pl`; `perl B.pl`; how can I run the two paralelly? urgent ... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinccmb
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Export functions in kernel module to user Programs

Hi all, I just started working on kernel modules. One query i'm not able to resolve how i can use call any of my function(take example testfunc() ) defined in my loadable kernel module (take example : test.ko) I want to export kernel module functions to user programs. Consider i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: er.tarun.9986
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

6. Programming

can a linux kernel module call libc functions?

can a linux kernel module call libc functions, such as printf(), strcpy(), etc...? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call different programs based on requirement?

Hi Team, I have four shell scripts and i need to put it into one script and call based on requirement. For example: If server is Linux and version of my software version is 5 then it should call 1st scipt If server is Solaris and version of my software version is 6 then it should call... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Modify call to functions depending on file name

Hi, I am creating a script that does gunzip/unzip/untar depending on the file extension. I have created 3 functions in my script and call them in following order. 1) gunzip function 2) unzip function 3) untar function I am using FILENAME=${FILENAME%.*} to modify filename between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call functions from other scripts

i have a file that contains functions and i want the functions to be available in another script. of course, the ideal situation here would be to put the functions in the same script, but i dont own these scripts. so I have to call the functions file from a different script. how do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
smrsh(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 smrsh(1M)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for the sh command in the prog mailer in sendmail(1M) configuration files. The smrsh program sharply limits commands that can be run using the |program syntax of sendmail. This improves overall system security. smrsh limits the set of programs that a programmer can execute, even if sendmail runs a program without going through an alias or forward file. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in the directory /var/adm/sm.bin, allowing system administrators to choose the set of acceptable com- mands. It also rejects any commands with the characters: ,, <, >, |, ;, &, $, (<RETURN>), or (<NEWLINE>) on the command line to pre- vent end run attacks. Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to /usr/ucb/vacation, /usr/bin/vacation, /home/server/mydir/bin/vacation, and vacation all actually forward to/var/adm/sm.bin/vacation. System administrators should be conservative about populating /var/adm/sm.bin. Reasonable additions are utilities such as vacation(1) and procmail. Never include any shell or shell-like program (for example, perl) in the sm.bin directory. This does not restrict the use of shell or perl scrips in the sm.bin directory (using the #! syntax); it simply disallows the execution of arbitrary programs. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c command Where command is a valid command, executes command. FILES
/var/adm/sm.bin directory for restricted programs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr, SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), , attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 1998 smrsh(1M)