Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to display unicode characters / unicode string Post 72077 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 18th of May 2005 10:42:20 AM
Old 05-18-2005

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting string to unicode

How can I can convert a string in a shell script that looks something like: ]] to unicode equivalent? thanks a lot, webtekie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webtekie
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to make static unicode string?

In Windows, wchar_t *pStr = L"Hello"; works, but I can't find the equivalent to Unix system. How can I make static stack-memory-based wide character string in C in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sledge76
1 Replies

3. AIX

problem with Unicode characters insertion

hi, I have a problem with unicode chars ( chinese, japanese etc ) insertion using sqlplus prompt. When i wrote a proc program for it i am able to create records. But when i fore the same query on sql prompt it stores reverse ????? ..some junk. widechar columns are mapped with NVARCHAR datatype.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help replacing or scrubbing unicode characters

I have a csv (tab delimited) file that is created by an application (that I didn't write). Every so often it throw out a <U+FEFF> (Zero Width no break space) character at the begining of a tabbed field. The charcater is invisible to some editors, but it shows up bolded in less. The issue is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roninuta
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove special and unicode characters

Hi, How do I remove the lines where special characters or Unicode characters appear? The following query does work but I wonder if there is a better way. cat test.txt | egrep -v '\)|#|,|&|-|\(|\\|\/|\.' The following lines show that my query is incomplete. Warning: The word "*Khan" is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

6. Programming

How to make gl_get_line read unicode characters

Hi, My program uses gl_get_line from libtecla to get user input from terminal. It works fine as long as I enter English at the terminal prompt. However, if I enter other languages, such as Chinese characters, either by typing in or cut-and-paste, the input characters get cleared from terminal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real UNICODE back to string

I'm looking for proper NLS_LANG settings if I've a real UNICODE delimited string (Hex code points) , containing also multibyte characters and using a small java program which converts them back to local. i.e:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strolchFX
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script backspace not working for Unicode characters

Hello, My Perl script reads input from stdin and prints it out to stdout. After I read input I use BACKSPACE to erase characters. However BACKSPACE does not work with Unicode characters that are multi-bytes. On screen the character is erased but underneath only one byte is deleted instead of all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display unicode characters in zos shell

Hi all, I have a shell script that has several strings with \uxxxx characters distributed within. I would like to display these characters when I execute the script and echo the strings. I am running on zos in an sh environment. Some strings look like this: "Chcete-li pou\u017e\u00edt" <---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam.wis
1 Replies

10. Programming

Unicode String Issue

I am storing some unicode characters "лфи" in a char array. When I view(x/30s <variable name>) the values in gdb it show me something like: 0x80ac47c: "?\004>\004 " 0x80ac482: "A\0048\004;\004L\004D\004>\004=\004:\0045\004/" Why it is happening so and what are these \004 representing? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)