Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Instaling JVM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Instaling JVM Post 71834 by jolok on Monday 16th of May 2005 09:26:32 AM
Old 05-16-2005
What OS? If you're installing Java on FreeBSD, then the file above is a distfile, and should be moved to /usr/ports/distfiles, and you'll want to install a more current version of Java (ie 1.4.x, rather than 1.3.x).

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...s/java-tomcat/

Otherwise, you'll want to post the output of 'uname -a'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inside the JVM

Hi, does anyone know how to find out what's happening inside a JVM on a unix system? Like what processes are running, which ports, memory usage etc. I'm using AIX 5.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. AIX

JVM Setting

What should be the idle JVM setting for the LPAR having 16 GB of memory? Currently the JVM setting is set to -Xms1024M -Xmx10240M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX JVM -32 or 64?

Friends, Can any one tell me what command should be used to check whether the JVM in AIX is 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks, Govindh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Govindh.v
2 Replies

6. Web Development

need help about jvm

hi all i want to install apache and tomcat in unix solaris 10 so i need to konw about heap and jvm memory architecture in jdk version 4 and 5 and 6 i want one help me i searched alot and i can't find something helo me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's my JVM bitness?

/apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/java -d64 -version execve(): No such file or directory Error trying to exec /apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/sparcv9/java. Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly. Failed to start a 64-bit JVM process from a 32-bit JVM. Verify all necessary J2SE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JVM Memory

Hi all, I am starting a JVM in unix and when I use ps command on the pid of process starting JVM the output is something like this :- java -Xms32M -Xmx64M -Xmx128M I need to know what would be the value of Xmx in this case. And how to check that this value be picked while starting JVM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies

10. AIX

JVM Process Name

Hi - In AIX, how do I find the Java Virtual Machine Process Name running on a particular machine? I tried ps -ef | grep java but it does not return a process name. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies
webmin(1m)																webmin(1m)

NAME
webmin - A httpd based system administration tool. DESCRIPTION
webmin(1m) consists of a main server daemon, CGI and PERL files to perform the operations, and configuration files to manage site-specific information. FILES
The following files specify the installation locations for webmin: /etc/webmin Contains server and module configuration files. A newly-installed or upgraded server must be configured before use. This is handled by the webminsetup(1m) script. A running server can be reconfigured through the web interface. Configuration files should not be modified directly. /var/webmin Default location for the webmin log files SECURITY
webmin(1m) uses pam(3PAM) with the service name webmin for authentication and account management. FAULT MANAGEMENT RESOURCE IDENTIFIER
svc:/application/management/webmin:default ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWwebminr, | | | SUNWwebminu | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ SEE ALSO
webminsetup(1m), attributes(5) http://www.webmin.com NOTES
In addition to the documentation and man pages included with Solaris, more information is available at http://www.webmin.com 30 Oct 2004 webmin(1m)