Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Instaling JVM
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Instaling JVM Post 71834 by jolok on Monday 16th of May 2005 09:26:32 AM
Old 05-16-2005
What OS? If you're installing Java on FreeBSD, then the file above is a distfile, and should be moved to /usr/ports/distfiles, and you'll want to install a more current version of Java (ie 1.4.x, rather than 1.3.x).

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...s/java-tomcat/

Otherwise, you'll want to post the output of 'uname -a'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inside the JVM

Hi, does anyone know how to find out what's happening inside a JVM on a unix system? Like what processes are running, which ports, memory usage etc. I'm using AIX 5.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. AIX

JVM Setting

What should be the idle JVM setting for the LPAR having 16 GB of memory? Currently the JVM setting is set to -Xms1024M -Xmx10240M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX JVM -32 or 64?

Friends, Can any one tell me what command should be used to check whether the JVM in AIX is 32 bit or 64 bit? Thanks, Govindh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Govindh.v
2 Replies

6. Web Development

need help about jvm

hi all i want to install apache and tomcat in unix solaris 10 so i need to konw about heap and jvm memory architecture in jdk version 4 and 5 and 6 i want one help me i searched alot and i can't find something helo me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's my JVM bitness?

/apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/java -d64 -version execve(): No such file or directory Error trying to exec /apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/sparcv9/java. Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly. Failed to start a 64-bit JVM process from a 32-bit JVM. Verify all necessary J2SE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JVM Memory

Hi all, I am starting a JVM in unix and when I use ps command on the pid of process starting JVM the output is something like this :- java -Xms32M -Xmx64M -Xmx128M I need to know what would be the value of Xmx in this case. And how to check that this value be picked while starting JVM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies

10. AIX

JVM Process Name

Hi - In AIX, how do I find the Java Virtual Machine Process Name running on a particular machine? I tried ps -ef | grep java but it does not return a process name. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)